New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New from Ontario, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Default New from Ontario, Canada

Hi there. Just dropped in to introduce myself and say Hi to everyone. I live in a medium sized city on the northern shore of Lake Ontario. I've posted some pics of my "Baby" (1981 Chevrolet Scottsdale Stepside) I've had it since 1991, redid it in 1999 and this year am doing some more work on it. Check out the pics and let me know what you think. Thanks.
L8R

Old 06-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Administrator

I cannot even begin to describe how much I love your truck. That thing is BEAUTIFUL! I haven't seen a good looking truck tlike that in a long time. Great job and welcome to the forum, stick around and don't be one of those "one posters" please.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:59 PM

Welcome to the forum! that is a nice Truck.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the greetings. And for the comments on the truck. Like I said, it's my "Baby" I've put some of my soul in to doing it. And it's not done yet. I have a question. When my friend made the Red Oak pieces for the bed and the interior, I had him make Red Oak running boards for it. They're made from a 2x6 and the length of the cab. I have mudflaps designed to replace the flat plate at the front of aluminum running boards. They're rubber with a pocket for the front of the board to fit into. I had the Red Oak boards routered to fit these mud flaps. The boards have a Chevy symbol routered on top at the back (About 2" x 4") and painted blue inside. What are your opinions? Should I put them on?? Or would it be too much?