New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

new transmission installed but not engaging gears

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Beginner
Angry new transmission installed but not engaging gears

Just replaced the transmission in my 05 sierra and now it wont engage into any gears. everything went together smoothly, the converter is working, i dumped 10 quarts of the correct trany fluid and is sucked it all up. No leeks, no grinding or anything obvious. its the 4l60-e transmission. The shifter cable is working, its having trouble getting into the park position fully but i figure i can fix that with a bit of messing with the cable. When i shift it by hand it goes into gear but wont engage or move when i press the gas. the only thing thats different from before i put the new trans in is that the dash is showing "service breaking system" and both the red e-bake light and the orange abs light is on. ive tripled checks all the connections, replaced any fuse that said anything about transmission, ive ran it back and fourth through all the gears, anything else anyone can think of? Im hoping the new transmission is good but the shop i bought it from (justchevytrucks.com) isnt open till monday.