New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New truck advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Beginner
Default New truck advice

Hey guys I'm new to the forum as a member but I've done some fairly frequent reading around. I'm an agriculture student that will soon be teaching. As a teacher I'm going to need a pretty dang reliable truck as the funds won't necessarily be readily available for me to deal with a truck that's constantly breaking down. Ill need a 3/4 ton or bigger because I do a little rodeo stuff as well as help run my families ranch and run a tiny horse operation on my own so I need to having some towing capabilities. I've been looking around and really just need some help. I would rather have a gas engine for many reasons but mostly because of the extra money that's tied to owning a diesel (maintenance, more expensive fuel, etc.) but I could probably be convinced to get a diesel. I'm leaning towards either a ford or a dodge because I own a Chevy now that has been the least dependable vehicle you can imagine! I drive extremely slow (about 60 usually) and very cautiously and am not very hard on trucks. All opinions are welcome facts are even better! Thank you in advance!!

P.s. must be 4x4 and must be crew cab (or mega cab)

Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Administrator

I've owned them all... I've been driving trucks since I was 16. I did my drivers license test in a truck. I've owed a few of the big three. Dodge Ford and Chev... And one thing that I have learned is, that it's a lottery.
If a person can come on to a social forum and ask which is the best and most reliable truck out there? and get a positive, believable end all answer.. WELL WE ALL WOULD BE DRIVING THAT ONE TRUCK.

You say your Chev is the most Least Reliable truck you have ever owned.
This is were opinions clash, of all the trucks I've owned my current Chev is hands down the best truck I have ever owned.
It's not that uncolumn to have two trucks the EXACT same and one turns out to be a mechanical nightmare and the other is a truck owners dream come true
They're all good in their own way and they all can be bad

Welcome to Truck Forums
And Good Luck In Your Truck Purchase Research

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM

Hi there, I wanted similar information, I'm posting here so I can get information when other people post, Have you bought a truck by now?