New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to Truck forums !

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Default New to Truck forums !

Finally got a truck ! Always wanted one but had to go through 2 vans, 1 car, and a SUV to get here !! I recently purchased a 95 Sierra extended cab z71 and i wish i would have started off with a truck ! Dont really know to much about forums ! Imput appreaciated ! thanks

Old 11-29-2009, 08:07 PM

welcome. sounds like a great truck to start with getting into trucks with. How many miles has she got on her? Any plans for her?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:03 AM

Has a little under 115,000 miles ! yea i wanna put catback dual exhaust, bug/rain deflectors, maybe tint the windows ! Got and advice on exhaust that sounds good outside but quiet in cab ?

Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Not sure it that might fall under the label of "tech question" which should be posted elsewhere but hey I'm a noob too

not to sound like a pitchman for one of the links on this forum, LOL, but I love the sound of MAGNAFLOW.

Not sure how they sound on a truck like yours but on a Jeep Cherokee I had a Dynomax exhaust and it had a nice growl to it (also had bored throttle body and exhaust header along with high flow cat) and even though she would turn heads when I put my foot down it wasn't too loud inside even cruising at highway speeds of 75 or more.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

Start a post in the Chevy Silverado section for the most exposure. As far as exhaust, I have the system that LMC trucks has. Its basically just the y pipe into a 3" pipe and then it splits out the back into dual resonators. No mufflers. Sounds really good and not loud at all once you start cruising. My truck has purple tinted windows that are just the stick on tint... I don't know where they came from (on the truck when I bought it). I also have a bug deflector that I bought at Autozone. I'd suggest picking up a peice of nylon screen at a hardware store and slipping it in in front of the radiator.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the input ! i was thinking Dynomax or flowmaster but ill have to check out the stuff from LMC ! What will the nylon screen do ??

Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 PM

I don't know if he means for looks like a grill insert or maybe or keep all that crap such as sand, bits of gravel, and salt from building up in the fins of the radiator.
Not sure where you live but up around here with all the sanding and salting of the roads in the winter a lot of that crap builds up which cuts down on how effective the radiator is at cooling and cause premature leaking do to corrosion and rusting.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:50 AM

Yea they do a lot of salting of the roads up here !!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Yeah, I just slipped it in directly in front of the radiator to keep bugs and salt and all that other stuff out... Sorry for not elaborating more

Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 AM

its alright ! thanks for the info

Quick Reply: New to Truck forums !