New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Not New, But I'm Back!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Default Not New, But I'm Back!

Hello All,

It's been a few years since I have posted, but I attended college, sold my trucks, and puttered around in a Honda Accord for a few years while trying to pay for everything. I was extremely proficient in pickup trucks through high school and did a ton of maintenance to all of my own vehicles (And still do) and now with graduation looming, have purchased a new pickup to use in my job as a sales exec for a tool and die company traveling around the midwest.

I joined Truckforums back in 09 and it was thriving, but dated. A lot of the administrators and moderators left and the site would see very few views every day and become nothing but an archive. I contacted IB and we were able to clean up the website, consolidate the forums, and begin to rebuild. The facebook page was my last contribution before I got caught up in the rush of life and lost my login information, but it seems that the website is doing quite well and I do plan on being back for awhile. I will post a few pictures and such of my new GMC as well

Old 03-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Welcome back Kev
The forum was as you mentioned pretty much dormant a little over a year ago. I was able to do the same back then (contacting IB) and was able to delete the spammers and clean the site up. The past year now it is beginning to see more activity. Many of the regulars but mostly one time visits and questions, but that's OK too.

Glad to have you back

Old 03-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Administrator

I've got a decent amount of insight and I think as long as we are able to help or point people in the right direction, we can get some of the regulars to come back and stay... it'll happen

Old 03-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Administrator

In welcoming back GMCSierraFan from his long hiatus I would like to welcome Kevin back to the Truck Forum Team. As Super Moderator (if he is willing to take the position again)

Old 03-27-2015, 08:37 AM
Administrator

That sounds great to me- then I can help clean up a few of the posts that aren't in their proper topic fields.

Thanks!