Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/new-member-area-4/)
-   -   PUTC.com Members (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/new-member-area-4/putc-com-members-18560/)

Breathing Borla 04-25-2012 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by nj85z28 (Post 76034)
All right group,

First and Foremost, WELCOME.

We are glad to have you guys. I'm sure you will all be very helpful with our tech sections and everyone looking for answers here will be grateful..

Just a quick note for everyone, we do take the bashing pretty seriously as it negatively effects our community, sponsors, the site owners, etc. It even brings down our ratings on the web when foul or offensive content or language is posted.

If you got a warning from me, its just that, a warning. Please take a moment to re-read the forum rules you agreed to.

I understand you may know each other from the other site and there may have been pre-existing issues, but please, for the sake of our new members or site viewers, keep in it private message if there is something negative to be said to one another.

Otherwise, I think everything will be GREAT!!

Dont forget we do have a facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/TruckForums

and I would like you guys to get involved in the Truck of the Month nominating and voting. You can get your truck featured on the site and facebook page, as well as a special user title. Its a fun way to get everyone involved.

My mailbox is always open, and if there are any problems you can also email me. nj85z28@hotmail.com

Thank you for coming aboard!

Steve
(NJ85z28)
Senior Site Administrator

Thanks for the welcome and guidance. We will play nice. Hopefully we can get the traffic up here so there are more posts. I made a post or two in the toyota section month ago and nobody responded. Maybe it's more of a GM or Ford board, which is fine. I get along with them too.

VMax2007 04-25-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Breathing Borla (Post 76051)
yea, right. I have yet to see a test of these two trucks. My guess is they would be pretty close. There is no way the Ecoboost is going to out-tow the tundra "with ease".

That fact is there is more to towing than just engine. The tundra trans and rear are also good. An example, the ram has never beaten the tundra in any pulling test I have seen even though it has a few more ponies. The tundra more than holds it's own for a 350...

your first comment was that ALL other brands have leap frogged the tundra 5.7 pulling and I replied I doubt it would come in last.

you then did an old vmax and make a comment about it coming in first. I never said anything like that. I was simply replying to you that ALL other brands haven't leap frogged the entire pulling package that I have seen.

Still the old Vmax I see...

Funny...I just re-read post #91 where you were bragging about acceleration, nothing was said about pulling. You only brought that up after I reminded you that the Tundra has been leapfrogged in power by all the other brands...which is true.

Look at the Ecoboost's torque curve. Enough said. ;)

Pickup Man 04-25-2012 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by nj85z28 (Post 76034)
All right group,

First and Foremost, WELCOME.

We are glad to have you guys. I'm sure you will all be very helpful with our tech sections and everyone looking for answers here will be grateful..

Just a quick note for everyone, we do take the bashing pretty seriously as it negatively effects our community, sponsors, the site owners, etc. It even brings down our ratings on the web when foul or offensive content or language is posted.

If you got a warning from me, its just that, a warning. Please take a moment to re-read the forum rules you agreed to.

I understand you may know each other from the other site and there may have been pre-existing issues, but please, for the sake of our new members or site viewers, keep in it private message if there is something negative to be said to one another.

Otherwise, I think everything will be GREAT!!

Dont forget we do have a facebook page,

https://www.facebook.com/TruckForums

and I would like you guys to get involved in the Truck of the Month nominating and voting. You can get your truck featured on the site and facebook page, as well as a special user title. Its a fun way to get everyone involved.

My mailbox is always open, and if there are any problems you can also email me. nj85z28@hotmail.com

Thank you for coming aboard!

Steve
(NJ85z28)
Senior Site Administrator

I made a comment in the Truck of the Month thread, but nothing has happened. I was wondering if it was still going on. How does it work? I didn't see a truck of the month for the last few months.

Pickup Man 04-25-2012 09:15 PM

Hey BB and V, how about moving the "my truck is better than your truck" discussion to the proper forum, maybe the "off topic" one?

Mr_Shamrock 04-25-2012 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pickup Man (Post 76056)
I made a comment in the Truck of the Month thread, but nothing has happened. I was wondering if it was still going on. How does it work? I didn't see a truck of the month for the last few months.

Unfortunately it never really took off. It seems a high percentage of the members just join to get their particular issue resolved and then disappear into cyber space.

nj85z28 04-26-2012 06:47 AM

the way its supposed to work is that we come up with a category. such as "nicest chevy" then everyone posts the name of a person they wish to nominate. each person gets 2 nominations. for someone to be locked into the contest they need 2 nominations and then accept. once we hit the deadline day (usually the 15th) we ask that everyone who is IN send photos and information to the moderator or admin or whomever is in charge of the poll. then a thread is created with a voting poll that runs the remainder of the month (the 30th/31st usually)

the person with the most votes is the Truck of the Month

Breathing Borla 04-26-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pickup Man (Post 76057)
Hey BB and V, how about moving the "my truck is better than your truck" discussion to the proper forum, maybe the "off topic" one?

nah, it's done, we had 4000 VMax tundra posts on the other site:D, that's enough.

Breathing Borla 04-26-2012 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by nj85z28 (Post 76070)
the way its supposed to work is that we come up with a category. such as "nicest chevy" then everyone posts the name of a person they wish to nominate. each person gets 2 nominations. for someone to be locked into the contest they need 2 nominations and then accept. once we hit the deadline day (usually the 15th) we ask that everyone who is IN send photos and information to the moderator or admin or whomever is in charge of the poll. then a thread is created with a voting poll that runs the remainder of the month (the 30th/31st usually)

the person with the most votes is the Truck of the Month

maybe to get it moving with the lower amount of traffic here, just make it like it used to be on pickuptrucks.com

you just submit your trucks info with pics and the administrator would just pick one, you could submit yours every month if you wanted so eventually every body got to have theirs featured if they wanted.

just a thought

nj85z28 04-27-2012 09:13 PM

we can try that..

VMax2007 05-31-2012 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey BB,

Wanna race? :D

Attachment 1899