New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

What's up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Default What's up?

Hey, you can call me T-Mac or Scottsdale which ever, like the name implies I have a Chevy Scottsdale that is my dads that i'm working on getting on running well.
I'm a total newb with any vehicle, all though I do know a little bit. My dad has 1980 Chevy Scottsdale with a 350 5.7 liter engine in it. I have quite a few questions, and will try to get some pictures up soon. I know I'm going to have to replace the hood, both doors, the tailgate, and possibly the seat soon. I'm going to have to get 4 new tires as well. My question is about the dash. I believe I’m going to have to replace the gauges and stuff, but would it be easier just to take out the entire dash pad and replace everything at once? Where is a good place to get all this stuff? I have a LMC truck catalog. Oh yeah, I'm going to have to replace the Ignition Lock Cylinder in it as well. This is the second set of keys my dad has lost!!!!!!! This will be the third one this truck has had. It needs a lot of TLC, 5 kids have learned to drive in this beast. It has a custom bumper that is welded on and its sweet. Get pictures soon hopefully. I also have a grille guard for it. I will have to replace the hood, fix a huge dent in the driver door, probably have to replace both doors, replace windshield, I'm just replaced the ignition lock cylinder. Is this truck even worth fixing? It has a gas tank on both sides of the truck and is hooked up to run propane *not sure if this actually works or not.* that’s what I know it will need. The A/C doesn't work in it, but that doesn't bother me. And as the original question pertains I want to replace the dash, the gauges "should" work. That doesn't mean they do, it’s been parked for a long time without being driven. So is it worth it? If it is what’s the best way to go with it?

Sorry for such a long post, but thats that.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Ummmm, I'd say it'd be a fun project, but I don't know if it is worth it or not because you'd have much more into the truck than you could ever hope to sell it for

Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 AM

I never plan to sell it. We got it started yesterday! Today I'm going to try to air up the tires and test drive it. Then if it is good on that i'm going to replace the hood, windshield, and dash so i can get it inspected, then eventually the doors. They are just old, like the truck, and one has a huge dent and rattle and idk if the windows will work very well, and with no A/C in texas for the summer i need the windows to be able to be rolled down easily. I will probably just replace both get 2 doors and 1 set of interior from LMC and it won't be that much.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Administrator

How bout' some before and after pics??

Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 AM

i havn't done much to it, but i will get some before pics for you, then i will keep pics throughout the process.