Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story. Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

my muddin days have been good but ended

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
TruckForum Addict
Cool my muddin days have been good but ended

well i was down by our local mud whole the other day and the dang state of iowa decided to put a twin ibeam gate the width of the entire entrance to where we go muddin
in the bottoms and at 3ponds
they also dug out the ditches next to it and put up steel posts so you can drive thru there to get to there
that was teh only good palce to go mud and they took it away cause of irisponsible people running it for people that actually respect the land and dont go into the dnrs wild life and prarie reaserves
for thos who did thanks fro ruining a good thing
and the level b road down the road from my house was another great spot to go but guess what the great city i live in and the people that live otu by it complained and took a dozer and flatend out all the rutts and mud hole and put broken concrete in them
so now we have to drive 30 or sometimes more to go mud
i just wanna say thanks to the irisponsable people out there that ruin it for those who arent irisponsable
and for those of you who go out by yourselves without a winch or a buddy to pull you out thanks too cause guess what you got stuck and had to walk 2 miles to the nearest house to ask if they can pull you out
next time bring friends with trucks or get friends with trucks

me personally i dont go to big holes by myself cause i no no matter how good you think your truck is you will get stuck
the only time i have ever gone by myself is when the level b wasnt flattend out as the mud was only 6 inches deep at most and my truck could make it thru without getting stuck
just wanted to put that out there
iowa has no legal place to mud other then the make it our brake it club and there rules are stiff ful size trucks cant enter as teh will tear it up
and you must have a minimum of 2 vehicals with you to be able to pull you out if stuck and you must have both an internal roll cage and exoskelaton
must have sign waivers which aint that big of a deal
also they charge you out the *** for one day i think its like 500 to 1000
so iowa has alot of places that are ilegal but people dont mind
but if highschoolers keep drinkin and causeing trouble and getting stuck without a way out and buggin the people that live next to the mud wholes we will nto be able to mud anywhere
i wish some how i could own like 40 acres of land and devote it to mudin and trail riding but that wont happen in my future

Old 09-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Yeah, back in the day I had to learn the hard way that no matter how much I loved my Tacoma there was no way I could've handled the big ones on my own. Sorry for your loss, man!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

It happens everywhere. We used to have 100's of acres of mud trails and camp sites by my house in Florida. I could literally leave my house on my 4 wheeler and within minutes be in the heart of it. It was an every weekend hangout. On the outskirts of it was farm land and like your saying some idiots ended up stealing the farmers brand new tractor and flipping it into a mud hole. That was the end of our fun. Come to find out the farmer also owned all the property we rode on and was cool with it until the tractor incident. Those were some of the best times!

Old 11-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Beginner

keeps happening more and more unfortunately.