Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

12 volt TV's for tailgating and parties!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Beginner
Default 12 volt TV's for tailgating and parties!

Anyone else have a TV they like to take with them to the game?
I've been using a 12 volt Jensen 32"TV and one of those big 4 post no wall tents you see at soccer games.

Paired it up with a set of speakers and bring it to every game with the BBQ, cooler, beer and other 'necessities'.

What do ya'll take to tail gating events?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

A few years ago (late 90's early 2000's) I was engaged to a Miami Dolphin cheerleader and she always got 2 free tickets and a parking pass for the home games. She had to be at the games hours before kickoff so naturally we ended up having quite a spread for tailgating. So my list included - EZ up canopy, a flag pole with huge Dolphin & Florida Gator flags, tables, grill, turkey fryer, a couple large marine coolers, a 20" TV which we ran off of a jump box and a power inverter, and of course more food and beverages than we could ever possibly consume. I drove a 95 ECSB truck at the time with a hard tonneau cover and it was pretty much packed to the top with all this stuff. We did this for about 5 seasons and it was a blast although some of those back to back weekend home games would really take it's toll on you! Luckily my girl was a good sport and never minded driving our drunk @sses home. Well there was that one time when we sold our tickets and watched the game on the TV in the parking lot, but that's a whole other story.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Beginner

Talk about lucky!
I've dated one cheerleader, wow was that an interesting time.
I would imagine that you have quite a list of 'essentials' for tailgating after all those years of attending games! I've never tried taking a turkey fryer tailgating, seems too messy at least what I'm picturing.

Did you ever have it dump over on you?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

No it never dumped over and we only did a turkey once when we had a huge crowd with us - besides that it was fried fish, chicken, shrimp, hushpuppies, conch fritters, pretty much anything that you can fry we tried in that thing (and some things you would never think of LOL). It was a lot of work to get set-up and cleaned up but it was fun while it lasted. There is a lot to be said for a gathering at home in front of the TV though!!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Beginner

I love hush puppies!
One of my favorites include a little cheese and some jalapeno slices.
Not much beats a deep fried turkey, we've done that a few times for the holidays and holly friggin savory!

Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Beginner

It is good to have one for you I am going to get one for me soon.