Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Bed protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Default Bed protection

OK hello .. im new .. DUH .. and was looking into bed protection.. the first thing .. every one said was a SPRAY ON.... well one i dont see what the big deal is?? why do i want to have my paint srcatched off my 04 F-150 .. because i want to sell it one day and get a newer ford ... so you cant take it out and then it needs matained ... and now the dealers are saying i may not get any trade in for the spray on.. so i looked at hard liners and they scratch up you r paint so bad .. i wont do that... plus they detriorate so badly /... well at least the old one i had did .. soo then there the carpeted looking thing the Bedrug ??? it plastic and nice looking .. and they say it real tough.. life time warrenty ?? so what do yall have and why do you like it?? what would you buy for your next truck?? thanls Bluez

Old 01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Default RE: Bed protection

just looking for your opinions on what you have had or do have

Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 PM

ok does no one have a liner or just no ones on this forum????

Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 PM

I have a spray in bed liner and it upped the resale value about $500.00. I love it and I got a lifetime guarantee on the liner. Don't ask me what kind it is 'cause I don't remember what it was, however I can find out if you really want to know...

Old 01-12-2006, 03:15 PM

naaa .. but thanks .. just tring to see what people have why and what advantages there product gives them.. i am looking at a bedrug right now.. every that has one loves it.. but very few people know about it.. so i am tring to get some general feedback.. thanks

Old 02-27-2006, 04:55 PM

I personally went with the spray in bed liner, Speedliner. www.speedliner.com I love it and it matches my paint perfectly with their topcoat system and it still looks the same as when I got it sprayed on two years ago.

I did alot of research on the sprayon liners when I did this (Rhino, Line-X, etc.) and it seemed like Speedliner was the best all around product in terms of fade resistance and strength. Line-X only came in black? and was a harder material which I thought might be more slippery especially when wet? I liked the Rhino texture but have had friends who had this sprayed on and it was faded and chalky within a year?

The bed rug sounds good. Does it protect the sides?

Just don't put the drop in liners in or do the DIY stuff like Herculiner. Go with the good stuff.

I've alway been told that the spray-on liners increase the resale value at least a little?

Old 03-02-2006, 05:46 PM

Here is a pic i got yes .. it even retains the load locking and two tear loding .. and of course the tie downs.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Administrator

wont it stain easy?

Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
JAK

...and what about leaving it exposed to the elements won't it trap the moisture between the rug and the bed?

I have Rino lining in mine, but I am not worried about fading either. Number one...it's a truck. Number two... I have a roll-away tonnue so it really is not exposed to the sun that often.