Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Dissapointed with GM quality!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Default Dissapointed with GM quality!

I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX with 41,000 miles on it and my rear wheel bearing is shot on it already, just as it's 4 year warranty expired 2 months ago! Glad Idon't own any other GM's, wonder if their new 100,000 mile warranty would've covered it? That would be the only piece of mind for me to buy another! I'm testing the market with Toyota now, and if dumb @%^$ stuff like that don't happen, i'll have another toy in the caddy's parking spot. Would've thought a $50,000 vehicle would use better parts than that!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Default RE: Dissapointed with GM quality!

some parts just fail early...any brand..fwiw,yes,hubs are considered powertrain on 07's and up for warranty

Old 12-23-2007, 04:04 PM
TruckForum Addict

This may be a shocker but pretty much all of the newer vehicles out are using much cheaper stuff than ever before. Thus parts are failing a lot sooner than ever before. I work at O'reilly's now and we get people calling up every day with 04, 05, 06, and even 07's that need all kinda stupid crap that you would think surely couldn't be bad already. Batteries, coil packs, water pumps, wheel hubs, you name it. It really isn't a shocker to me at all that the hub on your caddy failed already. Don't take it so hard man. It's still one heck of a lot nicer than a lot of the other comparible vehicles in its class.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:09 PM

With all the problems other people have with engines and transmissions, etc., you are ready to swear off GM for a lousy wheel bearing. I grew up in a Ford family, butat GM's Auto Show in Motion a couple of years ago thought the SRX, CTS, Vue Red Line (not to mention manual GTO and Corvette) were nice vehicles. Although,most of the Chevy pickups had awkward brakes (delayed, then chirped the tires) and wallowy suspension (except SS). But a2008 GMC 2500 SLE1 ext cab 4WD just might change my mind (if it holds up as well as the 1995F250HD it replaces).

Oops. Should have been in reply to 1fast4x4

Old 12-27-2007, 02:42 PM

The newer you get sometimes isn't the greatest. Drove a 07 silverado and lots plastic didn't appeal to me... The onstar lady calling was wack cause i wasn't wearing a seat belt out at the farm. Coming from a 69 chevy to an 07 is not an easy adjustment. My only request is more metal and chrome, less plastic and lcds. Give me gauges that tell me what the truck is doing and put a power house in the thing that way I can take anywhere. Leave the modifying for aftermarket, give me a base truck that works and will work for the ppl that don't like mods.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:40 AM

My family owns an 04 Escalade. We love it and it has been very very reliable for us. Im sorry to here about your car,but if I were to consider a different vehicle if I felt let down by GM I would look towards Dodge, Ford, or atleast Nissan (who is owned by ford) first. I worked for Toyota to help put myself through school but I got sick of it and quit. They are the only foreign brand I view as anti-american...sorry, I just dont like their approach, especially when it comes to marketing. They would like to have people believe they are as American as the big three.
The reality is that cars arent perfect. For some reason though, when an American brand has a model that is viewed as pretty reliable andfor some reason something happens its that whole "oh I knew I shouldnt have got this pos american car and got a japanese brand", but when the reverse and something fails on a Japanese car itsa "fluke".

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM

well,whu happened???

Old 01-06-2008, 03:09 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: cmn8989

My family owns an 04 Escalade. We love it and it has been very very reliable for us. Im sorry to here about your car,but if I were to consider a different vehicle if I felt let down by GM I would look towards Dodge, Ford, or atleast Nissan (who is owned by ford) first. I worked for Toyota to help put myself through school but I got sick of it and quit. They are the only foreign brand I view as anti-american...sorry, I just dont like their approach, especially when it comes to marketing. They would like to have people believe they are as American as the big three.
The reality is that cars arent perfect. For some reason though, when an American brand has a model that is viewed as pretty reliable andfor some reason something happens its that whole "oh I knew I shouldnt have got this pos american car and got a japanese brand", but when the reverse and something fails on a Japanese car itsa "fluke".
Yeah, most people tend to overlook a lot of flaws you have in a lot of foreign cars. Mitsubishi's and VW's for instance are both horrible about snapping timing belts and since most of their vehicles have interference engines you end up eating a motor at 61,000 miles into the car's lifespan.

Also, even though a lot of the Japanese manufacturers are trying to really beef up their vehicles to keep passangers safe in an accident, most of the smaller vehicles are death traps.

I still love my Toyota Supra though.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:08 AM

its odd how 1 hub has him upset with gm..as stated,he'd brag about how a yota "only" needed a hub its first 60k

Old 02-24-2008, 05:49 PM

What a turd. Sometimes you get a bad part. Just like people, some are just deffective. LIke this guy that works for me.. We are in Africa to support POTUS on his trip to liberia. Its hotter than the devils armpit down here and more humid than you could imagine. Well anyways, we have been down here for over a week now and I just found out that this guy that works for me only brought 2 T-shirts. @ effing T-shirts. Are you kidding me? Its bad enough that we have to shower w/ bottled water so we dont get snail larvae on/in our skin (they settle and grow in your heart). But this guy brings only 2 shirts. His reasoning is that its to conserve water.. This doesnt make sense to me because we have no washer and dryer! we planned on being down here for 2 weeks and this douche bag brings 2 bottles. Tomorrow this chump is getting humililated infront of everybody, i am going to make him wash his clothes while everybody else chills back and does squat. This turd, jesues crimony this guy gets me riled up.. But you cant give up on humanity just like you cant give up on GM. GM has never done me wrong once. Never..

Quick Reply: Dissapointed with GM quality!