Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

found this on youtube

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default found this on youtube

this is what they say about engine flushes
im sure its true and also the same with trans flushes

Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 PM

That was a good post!

Old 08-07-2011, 09:47 PM
TruckForum Addict

thanks
this is one of the many reasons i do all my own work that i can possibly do with the tools i got

Old 10-13-2011, 09:02 PM

Good video, thanks for finding/posting it.

Last edited by Mr_Shamrock; 10-14-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:47 AM

This is why I keep telling my friends: if you have the tools to do it yourself, do it yourself. Don't trust those idiots to touch your engine. Especially not at the chain places.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by qwiktruck03
This is why I keep telling my friends: if you have the tools to do it yourself, do it yourself. Don't trust those idiots to touch your engine. Especially not at the chain places.
i would have to agree
just last month my buddy went to walmart to get wiper blades for his bronco and of course walmart installs them if its baught there install is free i think
well after an hour and a half and 6 mechanics( which looked like they just graduated highschool and smoked them selves silly ) they couldnt figure out how to get them off so i said screw this ill get it off went right behind the yellow line and took it off in less then 30 seconds it was the kind that you had to move the clip out just enaugh to slide it off the arm coming from the motor my buddy should have just leet me do it for him cause i had the wiper off prior to even going to walmart

also had a bad experiance with a mech shop in luisianna took my car there cuz i didnt have time to mess with it
brakes were squaking pretty bad and took forever to stop i knew they needed replaced jsut not the time or place
the mech shop took the keys from me moved some vehicals around the parking lot putmy car in drive went forward about 100 feet then in reverse 100 feet
they did this once said oh your brakes are just fine maybe its low on fluid
i went home that very day barrowed some tools from my motor pool on post and sure enaugh the pads were bare metal no brake pad meterial left on all 4 calipers and the rotors had sharp grooves in it so i just replaced them myself and this was 3 months after i baught the car so i gave the dealership an earfull and the mech shop a really big earfull when i was done

Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by cubpak89
i would have to agree
just last month my buddy went to walmart to get wiper blades for his bronco and of course walmart installs them if its baught there install is free i think
well after an hour and a half and 6 mechanics( which looked like they just graduated highschool and smoked them selves silly ) they couldnt figure out how to get them off so i said screw this ill get it off went right behind the yellow line and took it off in less then 30 seconds it was the kind that you had to move the clip out just enaugh to slide it off the arm coming from the motor my buddy should have just leet me do it for him cause i had the wiper off prior to even going to walmart

also had a bad experiance with a mech shop in luisianna took my car there cuz i didnt have time to mess with it
brakes were squaking pretty bad and took forever to stop i knew they needed replaced jsut not the time or place
the mech shop took the keys from me moved some vehicals around the parking lot putmy car in drive went forward about 100 feet then in reverse 100 feet
they did this once said oh your brakes are just fine maybe its low on fluid
i went home that very day barrowed some tools from my motor pool on post and sure enaugh the pads were bare metal no brake pad meterial left on all 4 calipers and the rotors had sharp grooves in it so i just replaced them myself and this was 3 months after i baught the car so i gave the dealership an earfull and the mech shop a really big earfull when i was done
Yup, that sounds about right. Want something done right? Roll up your sleeves and do it yourself.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:34 AM

thats a nice post i have seen it already but thanks for reminding me

Old 07-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Banned

It is an true information been shared in this video.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Beginner

Nice Share.

Quick Reply: found this on youtube