Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Gmc sierra

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Default Gmc sierra

GMC DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR TRUCKS< NEVER HAD A TRUCK WITH SO MANY PROBLEMS< LET ME HEAR FROM YOU, Dash cluster, heating system. sound system not working, Etc Class action suit in USA with this serial number ,covers cluster problems, They can get big bonuses for their work in screwing the buyer .. Head office Made me wait for a month and a half , delay delay!!!
In the usa after the class action suit they covered 80,000 miles or 7 yrs on the cluster problem, Which is in the 128,000 km range, These trucks are on going with this problem and the cost is between $500 and $700 to replace the step motors in the cluster , Plus many more other problems. They are not forthcoming about anything . Never had as many problems with prior GM Trucks

Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Administrator

what year?

Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

There are tons of aftermarket repair shops that will totally rebuild the cluster for under $100 so thats not such a bad thing. I just found a company in Tennessee that will do them for $75 and their turn around time was unreal. They just did my dad's Escalade and he was pissed like the orignal poster but, like I told him, if the worst thing you have to complain about is a $75 repair you should count your blessings.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 AM

Its just the principal of the matter, I would like to see companies standing behind their product... Thats how business was conducted at one time and we all had confidence in what was purchased.. I had a 1998 chevy truck, all i changed on it was plugs, brakes ,water pump and alternator , with 250,000 kms and sold it for $3000 last yr.. Now that was a great truck

Old 03-04-2011, 04:20 PM

I understand where your coming from - but just think it could be a $2000 Dodge transmission, $1500 stripped Ford spark plug hole, or God only knows how much Ford 6.0 diesel head gasket or EGR cooler.
Bottom line anything mechanical will eventually fail. For them to stand up and cover it for 80,000 miles is real decent in my book. That is at least admitting their fault and hopefully they have rectified the situation with the newer ones. If it were a safety issue I am sure it would be covered longer.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Well Well, Persistance payed off after weeks of parking the truck in front of 2 dealerships with a sign i made up saying GMC JUNK, They are now compensating me for the repair.. It only took 3 months

Old 03-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Thats one way to get some service I guess.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:26 AM
TruckForum Addict

glad to see that you got some service after puttin up a sign lol i would have done the same thing if i was in your shoes

Old 05-29-2011, 10:04 AM

i agree though with mr shamrock, although my truck has 100,000 miles and i have never had a problem with it but usually once you get to that point, you need to expect some sort of issues, but somebody will want your truck if you think its junk, have you ever looked around on the resale value of your truck? GM is usually pretty good, there is a reason for that

Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Default Finally

They finally repaired the blower motor control, sometimes it takes awhile for the recall to come through.. I almost replaced it myself glad i waited

Quick Reply: Gmc sierra