Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

GPS mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator
Default GPS mounts

We all too often hear about negative experiences with companies. I wanted to share a positive one. I bought a Lowrance XOG GPS a couple years ago and found a Arkon mount for it. The mount has served us well going from the truck to the boat and getting a lot of use. Late last summer the mount fell while being used on the boat and broke. Usually I would just throw it away and buy a new one, but I just stuck it in a drawer with the rest of our boating electronics. Well about a week ago I saw the broken mount sitting in the drawer and I figured what the heck let me call and see if I can buy just the broken part since boating season will be here soon. Long story short they mailed me a new mount for free. No receipt requested - all I had to do was take a picture of the broken mount and e-mail it to them. I got it today and it is a much beefier unit. I have to take responsibility for breaking the original because on the boat sticking the suction cup to the dash there were a few times when we apparantly didn't clean the dash good enough before sticking it and the GPS would fall. I have to highly recommend Arkon mounts and their customer service is fantastic!!!!!