Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

How to find your truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Default How to find your truck

Well do we have any ol farts on this site or am I the only one. Well my mind has been going south for sometime now and when I park my truck in a big parking lot and walk away I always forget where I parked the dam thing. And I spend more time walking that lot looking for that dam truck, so I thought there has to be a way to find my truck. So I went to the auto parts stores with no luck and your key clicker that toots your horn is ok if you are on top of your truck, but if you are way the hell on the other side of the lot you do not hear that. ( oh I have bad hearing too) So I said to my self I will make something. So I went on E-bay and found a remote control that is good for 1500' and I found a siren with the loudest DD I could find. So I hooked it up and now I can be 1500 feet away and hit that clicker and there she is. It pisses some people off but at my age who gives a dam. I would spend more time looking for my truck that I spent in the store. So now I am a happy camper.

P.S. No I have not been drinking, can't touch anything. Plus the drunks would not find the clicker.

Last edited by ItBeMe; 12-05-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Administrator

I turned 50 this year 2012
I'm **** about my truck. I always keep it clean and always keep it well greased.
When I go to the store, I'm the guy that parks all by myself out in the parking spots seldom used the furthest away from the store so my truck won't get scratched.
One day I thought, just for fun, I would see if I could hear my horn from the front door of the store (couldn't see my truck) but I could hear the train air horns
By the time I got to my truck, there way a guy stand by it.
Apparently my horn scared the crap out of him, he wanted two things from me. One to give me Sh*t and to ask me about my horn and were to buy one

Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 PM

I'm 6.9, and have a lift in my trick, with these big shiny *** lights on the roof. So I can stand anywhere in a parking lot, and just look around, and i can see those lights, and bingo, found my truck.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:34 AM

Well Glenn spill the beans where did you buy the train horns.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Good ol Ebay.
If you shop for a train horn system... Shop for a Viair system
If not a hole system, deffinatly a Viair compressor I payed the little extra and picked up the 120 psi 100% duty cycle.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:17 PM
TruckForum Addict

well im 6'3 so I can usually just look over top of the little cars. Plus I'm of the ripe old age of 21, so typically I have no issues remembering where I parked

And I walk fast, so no big deal if I go down a few rows before I find the only green chevy with cooper tires and a faded green cap on the bed. Usually my cars are pretty easy to find. Malls and places like Lowes or home depot are no big deal.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:03 PM

my old ford was OD green with a six inch lift, and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Even my Fiance could find it. I was at walmart when I first bought my GMC, and went to where I parked at, and found the truck, and pushed the unlock button, but it didn't work, so i figured the batterys were dead on the remote. So i stuck the key in the door, and turned, and that damn truck started honking and sirens going off, and lights (even little blue ones in the grill). Needless to say, it wasn't my truck. It was one the same color, some rims, same tires, same toolbox. I ended up leaving it sitting there flashing and screaming and finding my truck parked behind the next car, and jsut got in and left.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:39 PM

if I cant find mine, I use the GM app on my Iphone, along with the help of Onstar...