Truck Forums

Truck Forums (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Income tax! (https://www.truckforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/income-tax-6797/)

72charger 04-03-2008 03:22 PM

Income tax!

Just got my income tax check today! Woohoo!!! I'm gonna be spending pretty much all of it on getting my Supra running. Hopefully that will come along real smoothly here shortly.

72charger 04-05-2008 11:49 PM

RE: Income tax!

Well I didn't realize how many people didn't care....;)

rxsteven 04-06-2008 07:48 AM

I care buddy it just didnt lite up untill today for some reason. What are you going to have to do to it?

72charger 04-06-2008 08:17 AM

LOL! I was just messin with ya'll. I know hardly anyone reads the Off Topic section anymore.

Basically it has a blown head gasket so I'm in the middle of tearing the head off. Should have that knocked out sometime Tuesday or Wednesday I think, depending on whether or not it quits raining. Once I get it off, it's off to the machine shop to get cleaned, checked for cracks, resurfaced, and whatever else it is they do. I also gotta buy a Head Gasket set, ARP head bolts, and possibly a Cometic metal head gasket(they were highly recommended by a well versed friend). Hopefully as long as the machine shop doesn't take too long, I can have this done by the end of the month-ish.

rxsteven 04-06-2008 10:05 AM

The machine shop should be pretty quick about it unless they are backed up. Them APR head bolts are pretty costly but worth it in the long run. Glad to hear that your going to get it running again. It should be better on gas. My RX7 isn't much better than my truck surprisingly. Is your Supra N/A? What part of FL are you from?

72charger 04-06-2008 01:41 PM

Yeah it's naturally aspirated. I had wanted toswap a turbo motorinto it but that's too much moola for me. It'll befast enough for me once I get it running anyway. I worked with a guy a few years ago who had an N/A Supra and it would run 9's in the 1/8 mile.

I was planning on ripping the head off today after church but the weather is crummy.[:@]

And I thought we talked about this already? I live 2 hours east of Mobile. Crestview(aka Crestucky), population 21,000+ and the only place to hang out is Wal-Mart, LOL!

rxsteven 04-06-2008 02:11 PM

I wasn't sure were I remember you saying you lived a couple hours away but I didn't know wereor I couldn't remember. My N/A RX7 runs a consistent 10.41 in the 1/8th. I would almost hit third but id take it 9000. and that was with really bad tires. I would get it sideways a little hitting second. I miss that little car I cant wait to get home. It isn't very fast but its very fun to drive. Ill post some more pics hold on

rxsteven 04-06-2008 02:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 3247

Attachment 3248

Attachment 3249

Attachment 3250

Attachment 3251

rxsteven 04-06-2008 02:25 PM

I didnt put to much into it because im going to do the swap!!! I did make a strut tower for it also but them pics are on my other laptop.

72charger 04-06-2008 09:13 PM

Dang man, the interior shots look clean. I like your mods too. You got good taste man. The MAF on your intake looks VERY similar to my Supras MAF as well... strange. I've always wanted one of those but I never see them for sell when I'm looking to buy.

What are you talking about swapping into it?