Go Back  Truck Forums > General Truck Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

this is an off topic question about my car

Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

this is an off topic question about my car

Old 06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
TruckForum Addict
Angry this is an off topic question about my car

i own a retired 2005 ford crown victoria sherriffs interceptor with 143,000 miles on it its a great car minus 4 things
has any one ever worked on these cars as i am at my whits end with it
first off my turn signals wont work they went out 6 months ago also at the same time they went out my air conditioning and heat quit working also my pass side window wont go up or down no power to the window motor
i am about to call it quits on figuring it out ive eliminated the possilitys of it being
the bulbs themselves due to the fact that the front and back dont work
and the fuses are good none bad ive checked every day to see if it blows a fuse
also my check engine light is on due to the 02 sensor needing replaced dont have the money to get them yet as i have to drop the manifolds to get to them
also my parking light stays on but the pedal is up all the way
so anyone have or know of what the signal and ac/ heat problem could be
before i take it to the car electric place and pay 90 an hour just to have them look and the pay another 90 for labor and x amount on parts
greatly would be apriciated thanks in advance

ps im puttin my trucks issue on back burner until i get this fixed as my wife and kid arent too happy with no ac in the car and i have to drive 60-70 miles for there apointments each month

and this was going on before i put the thrush tubes on after i cut the cats off

Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Administrator

I'm not familiar with the locations of the fuse and relays of the Crown. Many times it can be as simple as something a relay. Blower motors have a relay..

Does your 4 way flashers work? I was thinking maybe your flasher modal

Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
TruckForum Addict

Originally Posted by In2Trux View Post
I'm not familiar with the locations of the fuse and relays of the Crown. Many times it can be as simple as something a relay. Blower motors have a relay..

Does your 4 way flashers work? I was thinking maybe your flasher modal
yes the 4ways do work and brakelights work
the thing is with the 05 its the only year for crown vic p71s that ford experimented with stuff
as i found out there were several recalls on that carmine have been fixed so no problems with that
but the location of the fuses is under the hood and under the dash on driver side so i have checked again today and i am know thinkingthat my fuse for the turn signal is good but may have been pushed to far up and pushed a wire out or loose
would that also cause the problems im haveing also im not to familiar with newer vehicals as one fuse or relay controls anywhere from 10-30 different things at once