Off Topic A place for you truck junkies to boldly post off topic.

Road Armor PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Default Road Armor PROBLEMS

Hello
I have joined this forum owing to my extensive problems with Road Armor. I figure the more folks who know about it, the better. My objective is to join as many forums as I can find to get the story out there. Had I known about others with these problems, I would have never placed my order.

I placed an order for a bumper on 10/26/2007. I faxed the approved PDF form on 11/01/2007, with the order form indicating an expected ship date of, NO joke, 11/23/2007. As of 140+ days after placing the order, I still do NOT have a ship date or tracking number from them!!

All of my communications with Road Armor were answered promptly UNTIL I made the purchase. Then, after - poof! It takes a week or more for a response, if I get one at all. This has been bad for my blood pressure. It was after this order started to get stupidly late in January that I started digging around, and started to find others who are having or had problems with them. I don't want anyone to EVER go through what I have had to endure these going on six months.

I have sent over a dozen emails. My customer service guy tells me that his computer crashed in December, back when I started asking questions. My first email was sent to him on 12/07/2007. He did not respond to me until I actually went into the Road Armor website and filled out the customer information questionnaire on 01/03/2008. Since then I have placed phone calls and left messages, and not gotten any kind of better update. I have NEVER been offered a reason as to the delay. I found the owner and operators of RA all had pages on MySpace. So, in Feb I sent the OWNER of the company an email to his MySpace account, hoping that he would be a good, concerned owner and respond. He did not. He did not call, did not email my MySpace account, nor email the address on the order.

Talk about leadership! [>:]

Back in the end of January I told them I had a trail run with my group scheduled for the weekend of Feb 23rd heading up to Rausch Creek Off Road Park in PA. You have to go there in a group as they do not allow solo runners. I was assured, oh, you will DEFINITELY have it by then. Well, I did NOT. So I did not go on my trail run.

The only good thing so far is that they did waive my shipping fee due to the delay. But this was only after I had to spell it out for them - they were actually having a free shipping offer and I had to tell them, waive my previous shipping fees. So they did, but good customer service would have done it automatically in my book. But if I pay over $1500 for a product, I EXPECT them to ship it when they say it will go out!!!! A member of another forum ordered an ARB front bumper for his rig. It was shipped FROM AUSTRALIA and he got it in ONE MONTH. How something can make it from half way around the world in less time than something located here in the USA is a horrible indictment on the state of manufacturing here in this great country.

I forgot to mention that the company appears to be based in Texas, but the plant is in Washington state. Perhaps this disjointed means of functioning is why they can't take care of their customers. I have been completely unable to pin down a physical address in TX though, which causes me grave concern about the company and their legitimacy.

[size=3][font="times new roman"]My last communication from Road Armor was on 02/18/2008. In the beginning of March I began to demand an update. I filed complaints with both the Better Business Bureau (BBB.org) and with RipOffReport.com, all in an attempt to provoke t