Report Concerns, Make Suggestions, & Get Help Using The Forum A.K.A. Feedback Section Have questions, comments, or concerns about the website, post them here! NO TECH POSTS

fuel or battery/alt,starter problem???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Unhappy fuel or battery/alt,starter problem???

I have a 05 gmc sierra 5.3 4x4, main issue is recently when i start it after a good sitting, like over nite, when it starts the battery sounds like its good and kicking over but then theres a hesitation before the acctual kick over , almost like there a lack of fuel getting there,best way to describe is kinda like and old truck ya gotta pump the pedal while trying to start it and the sound whem it gets just enough fuel to fire up almost weak then starts and runs and fires up normal after that , im super worried , could it be the fuel filter or hell i have no idea?, anybody please help this is my main income vechicle .......

and...

recently im trying to smog it (and check engine light is on)a code of p0455 came up (diagnostic) which means evap system /no flow. i was told its either the charcoal canister or the other can that can be replaced that acctually has a relocation kit, which one should i try , was also told theres a check valve or a solenoid of some type. to fix the check engine light whats the first one id change? mechanic said that code or light wont affect truck performance