Report Concerns, Make Suggestions, & Get Help Using The Forum A.K.A. Feedback Section Have questions, comments, or concerns about the website, post them here! NO TECH POSTS

moderater help

Old 03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Exclamation moderater help

i recieved a pm from an administrater from this forum. the message was Dear jimschevey,

You have received a new private message at Truck Forums - Truck Enthusiast Forum for Ford Chevy Dodge Toyota Nissan GMC pickup trucks from WilliamDuncan, entitled "Take measures immediately!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
https://www.truckforums.com/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear, jimschevey!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://remove-malware.servebbs.org/o...r/jimscheveyIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration truckforums.com

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
https://www.truckforums.com/forum/private.php

now my computer will not operate until i can figure out how to get this scan tool out. I have tried to the best of my computer knowledge. If anyone knows a way please help me

Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 PM

It's bull crap man, a spammer hit all of our inboxes. Just delete it and report it to the mods.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Administrator

The spammer has been taken care of and I can assure you it wasn't an administrator. Just some scumbag scammer with no life. I apologize for any inconvenience

Kevin

Old 03-14-2010, 12:51 PM

anyone know how to get whatever this is out of my computer. Thanks for the replies guys

Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM

Just look at the join date and their post count, don't be stupid enough to think that a site moderator has zero posts and just joined the site. They can't stop all the spam so don't fall for the easy stuff. They sent me the message also.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator

I have no way of knowing if a member is a spammer or not until members tell me. The PM spams have gotten more and more popular and unfortunately, I don't receive them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: moderater help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.