Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

what have u beaten?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Default RE: what have u beaten?

Man that is awesome 72chrger! i enjoyed everything i did to mine...i know the stuff you do when you start are really going to **** you off sometimes, but whn youre done, you just smoke the tires and smile!383 in a fourth gen. is sick, those cars are damn nice to. good luck !

Old 10-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Well I was going to make a quick post but since there seems to be E-Thugs lurking around, I guess I'll have to make things concise. Since 2002 I've beaten many Mustangs "2003 and below, haven't raced a new body style, which are nice btw,All motor medium mods GT's and below. It eats horses but learned the hard way it's not a snake eater atm. A few modded F-150's "No lighting's, only rev's at each other and mild tire smoking since every time I see a lighting it's going the other way or it wouldn't be possible to race." TON'S of ricers, you gotta love the look on their face as they watch themselves get beat by a truck "Ricers IE. Honda's, Nissan, no big boys, ie. skyline, etc... Toyota Celica's lol! MR-2's? on highway pulls. Would only race a supra for laughs, since it wouldn't be a race." Titian's, "Don't like them but can't help but love the interior, has to be one of the best truck interiors, and stock sound system's"

Dodge "My friends 2003 Ram single cab short box, SLT orwhichever one the top level is. He lost the race butwon on cab comforts, they also have nicecabs. Ex Roommates Single cab, short box Rumble Bee, more or less neck and neck, couldn't afford it had it repo'd, later got a2006 4.9? Dakota, couldn't hang at all, lost that one also "friggen idiot of a person" got a 78 Camaro, wouldn't race anymore.

The best race I ever had was a race with a mid modded 03 Mustang GT. Was on a long empty stretch of SE. Texas highway at night. After we punched it we just kept it going, we started slowed at 60, by 80 I was pulling ahead, we just kept going and going. Speedo long ago maxed at 100, truck still accelerating, window seals sucking out engine hitting rev limiter shifting into 5th, with short drops back into 4th. Truck's vibrating, winds screaming at me, engines screaming he lifts, I see that my exit is coming up soon so I lift, and let me tell you it took a bit for that speedo to move off 100! I pull into the strip club parking lot "I was meeting up with friends" and park, about that time the GT pulls in also. Was making me think "It looks like he's angry he lost to a truck, it looks like things are about to go very badly for me." He was also meeting friends at the club, he asked me "Man do you know how Fking fast you were going!? I told him nope speedo goes to 100. He told me well I was hoping you knew because mine goes to150 and I know I/we were over that, he said he was a foot or 2 off my bumper, I stopped taking looks as soon as the truck was vibrating and it sounded like my windows were down lol! We were maxed out for about 1-2 mins, was it stupid yeah probably but hell it was worth it.

Beat Hurricane Rita, Truck was on for 17 straight hours in 110 deg heat, ****ing road was melting temp gauge never moved past normal operating. Handled and sounded just as good after 17 hours of high heat operating, speed's rarely over 20 mph for more than a minute and rarely over 10 going up grades for hours on end "Yes Texas has hills". Then turned around and served 18 hours straight when I volunteered to be a San Marcos Deputy sheriff. Operated again for 7 hours under a mild load and at low speeds 40-55mph the other vehicles were heavily loaded and were towing trailers or another truck. Then 3 days later it took on a 2524 mile sprint from Outside Houston to Auburn Washington, West Texas, New Mexico and Arizona made it easy to do high speed runs. It also rode out the hurricane really well, I wasn't tossed around, of course we also knew the direction of the hurricane so we angled our vehicles accordingly.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Red

In my 94 Sierra, I've crushed some Stangs, other Sierras, Silverados. Almost everything in my town. : ) These girls in a 99 Stang thought that they could stand to me. And after leaving them at the light and breaking my rear-end loose in first, second, and third they finally got to the next light. I sat through that light to wait for them so I could have a little chat with them. When they pulled up to the light, they were hot for me. They wanted me to follow them to a party. : ) What can I say, Corvette 350's get'em wet. I told them no and blew them at the light again.

Back when I was driving my 85 S15, some guy in an Escalade felt the need to mess with me. And so I smoked his *** at the line, but my 2.8 liter was slow in third. So he took me by the next light, barely. But the look on his face that my POS truck got the jump on his Caddy was effing great. I think he kinda crapped himself.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Red

So tonight on my way home from hangin with some friends, some guy in a Sentra kinda cut me off minded my own business. So I pulled to him at the next light, looked over at him and shook my head side to side and smoked his ***. I have a very big third gear, so he gained on me in third. But never had a chance in hell. The lane merges into one and I punched it to 105 (I'm guessing. The truck only reads to 85, but the needle was starting to come back to the other side.) So ya.

Oh and earlier there were 2 different guys that I raced. One was a Mazda 3 or 6, I cant remember. But the guy rode my *** for like 2 miles and I was finally done with that, got over when the red light came up. He moved other to the turn line and then I followed him. He freaked and gassed it to the next light but hit it red and then cut through the gas station to get away. I hit the light green and flew through it and came to the next light that was red. And he was sitting right next to me in the middle line. I let him know I was mad. And when the light turned green, I was gone. But that little Mazda had some guts. Pulled close in my third, but that was about it. Well what I didn't know was that the guy next to him also wanted to race. So after spanking him the other guy wanted some. Lets just say that he went home and I went hard. Damn kids and their ricers. The worst part about the race was that the Mazda had small kids in the back seat. F***in dumb***. Made we want to chase his *** down after he turned to rip him a new one. But ya. It's been kinda a crazy night. My lady had some jerkoff do a hit and run at the store. Ripped her rear bumper off. She was in the store at the time. But lucky that the same jerkoff almost hit another car and some people in the parking lot and someone got his plates. So the 5-0 is going to pay him alittle visit in the morning.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:52 AM

Anything that runs more than a mid-12 second ¼ mile.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:12 PM
TruckForum Addict

Did your Silverado come stock with a 6.0 in it? I didn't think you could get them like that. That would be an awesome setup for sure.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:54 PM

No - just put it in a few weeks ago. It had a 5.3. The 6.0 was in another 2wd reg cab and ran mid 12's on motor and 11.8 on a 150 shot.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM

New 08 silverado, nothing. Still in break-in mode.

Bone stock 2000 Silverado with the 5.3, managed to beat a 1999 Infiniti G20, an older Oldsmobile Bravada, and a Mitsubishi Galant. Never really raced it, kinda slow.

The Trailblazer i had ran a 15.6@87mph with a mild tune and intake. That thing could take a Dodge Ram (dunno what it was but i pulled) V6 Mustangs (hey, it was an 6 cyl truck!) other pickups, a GMC Yukon XL, Honda Pilot, Mazda Speed Protege and lots of others.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 AM

I raced a suped WRX on a 600CC motorcycle & won. lol, not saying much, I was on a bike, but still, it felt good.
I raced a G35 against porsche, I won off the line but top end he ate me.
I raced a Jag XJ8 against a G35, Took him top end
I've raced to many bikes to even list here.
[align=right] [/align]

Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 PM
TruckForum Addict

That's nice but this is a truck website.

Quick Reply: what have u beaten?