Vehicles for Sale Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1992 chevy s10 lots of mods. maybe trades??? 3.4 coil packs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Default 1992 chevy s10 lots of mods. maybe trades??? 3.4 coil packs

might be willing to sell the engine, transmission, wiring hraness, injection, radiator, hoses, everything to make you s-10 run with this setup if the price is right. you can hear it run if you want. lots of power for a v-6. details below for the engine!!!!

WILL TRADE 1988 AND UP FULL SIZE CHEVY TRUCK!!!!!!

link to pics..........
http://www.s10forum.com/classifieds/...t/13541/cat/22

this is a 1992 Chevrolet S-10 pick-up. This isn’t your ordinary S-10, to start I have taken out the 2.8 and have put in a 3.4 out of a 94 Chevy Camaro. I have had this engine completely apart and all the seals and rings have been replaced. I had the crank polished and installed all new bearings. The 3.4 only had 58,000 miles on it and we pulled it out of a wreck car. When I tore it down the cylinders looked great and didn’t have any ring wear so I didn’t bother getting It bored I just honed it and put new rings in it. When I did this engine swap I replaced most of the sensors that I figured might be a problem due to the engine swap, and bought the right ones for the Camaro. But I am still getting a service engine soon light. I am unsure of why it is on. i am thinking that it might be the throttle positioning sensor beacuse it doesn't idle right. it goes up and down. To be honest I got the truck done and was to excited I have never took the time to look in to it. I have replaced the stock cam with a stage 3 comp cam. Also with the engine swap I have put on better fuel injection. I have put on fuel injection from 1991-1992 Chevrolet Camaro. Which is much better than throttle body injection. I have also made this 3.4 run off of coil packs instead of a distributor. This truck also has a brand new battery, fuel pump and sending unit. The wiring harness was built specifically for this set up. The computer chip was also programmed to run this set up. I have also replaced the original 5 speed with a lower mileage 5 speed due to the fact that the one that was in it when I got the truck would pop out of fifth gear once in a while. I replaced the stock 3.42 open rear with a 3.42 Posi rear. I wanted to do better gears but I didn’t want the speedometer to be off. Along with the engine swap and the injection swap the truck body was fully restored. I have replaced the fenders, doors and hood with used but good. This truck has new rocker panels, cab corners, tailgate, Lund roll pan, Lund sun visor, front air dam with fog lights and has new panels welded in on the bed sides. I have put on 1999 Chevrolet S-10 Xtreme wheels. it is going to need tires for inspection which runs out the end of april. The truck was repainted but it was not painted by a professional and It has minor flaws but nothing ridiculous. But don’t be scared away, the paint is very nice for being painted by an amateur. There are two scratches on the front corner of the fender that I did right after it was painted. I know the paint color but I am unsure of the #. I will certainly do my best if you wish to figure it out so you can touch up the scratches. I have done really nothing to the interior of the truck except I installed a tach, removed the jump seats, and the panels around them with intentions of building a box for a stereo system some day. That never happened. The top of the door panels are kind of faded and the dash is cracked. This truck has a bed liner and a soft Tonneau cover. I think it needs a starter because when the truck is hot it cranks over really hard. But it has always started for me. I have not drove this truck all winter because I did not want the salt on it. I went out and started it for the first time in a couple months and it fired right up. It also needs an air intake with filter made up for it yet. Something that I have never done. I just had a piece of cloth over the intake tube to keep the dirt out. I have a brand new intake and filter that I will include with the truck for someone to make it work. There is not a stereo in<