Chevrolet Avalanche Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Avalanche here.

inquiry about Chevrolet Avalanche w/hot weather

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Default inquiry about Chevrolet Avalanche w/hot weather

I send a greeting to all members here in this forum and wish you more knowledge and benefit.

I am writing to you from the Middle East, and I have some questions about U.S cars,
I hope to help me get the answer.

I'm thinking to buy a used Chevrolet Avalanche 2010 from the U.S. directly through the internet,
and I will be export it to the Middle East, and specifically to the State of Qatar.

My inquiry:
(1) Is the vehicle specifications which are manufactured and sold in America are suitable for driving in the Middle East?
in a hot weather places?

(2) Is the factory made ​​for each State in America has its own specifications? Or that the standard specifications for all States?

What prompted me to ask these questions, is the weather in the Middle East in the summer too hot, the temperature reaches at the peak of summer to 40-45 ° C,
and as I know, that the climate regions of each States in U.S. vary in temperature, and also there is mandates airspace similar to the environments of the Middle East,
such as Texas and Indiana, for example.

So I thought of buying from these states which are have similar weather with the Middle East, but sometimes you find a better car out of these two states,
so I put my questions and I hope the owners of the experience and knowledge to enlighten us on this issue.

Thank you for helping me

Note:
I'm sorry for my English Language, maybe you will find some mistake, and I hope my topic is understand.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

To my knowledge there isn't a difference from state to state here. You should have no problem with the truck there though. If you do notice it running warmer than it should you could change the thermostat to a cooler one, but they are meant to run in 195 degree range (engine temp) with no issues. There are states here that get to that temp on a regular basis. Good luck with your purchase I am sure you will enjoy the Avalanche!

Old 12-17-2011, 04:23 PM

First, I am grateful to your answer to my inquiry

Thanks.

It seems to me that they really are alike
I was confused and hesitant before making a purchasing decision,
and now things became clear to me .. I will start the search and purchase ..

Referring on advice from another forum .. I will try to research for Avalanche with Heavy-Duty trailer towing package ..
where a greater tolerance specifications, bigger brakes, larger radiator and extra coolers for transmission and oil ..

Maybe this will be better in the weather of Middle East ..

Finally, do you have a preconceived idea about the best shipping company and exporting can be dealt with in the process
of taking the car from the seller and arrange transfer and custom clearance at the port and then shipped to my country?

I hope to be nominated at least three companies large and well-known ..

Thank you again for the help.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Beginner

good luck with your purchase if you go for it

there is no difference on the make of the model it should be all the same material for any weather