Chevrolet Avalanche Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Avalanche here.

Keyless Entry Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Default Keyless Entry Problems

I have a 07' Avalanche that started having the keyless entry act up. First thought it was the battery going bad in the remote. Replaced and that was not it. You can lock and unlock the doors with the remote fine as long as you do not let the truck sit locked for very long. If you lock the car with the remote and let it set for a few minutes and come back and try to unlock it with the remote it will not unlock or lock, the remote acts dead. It you use the key and unlock the door then the remote goes back to working fine. Took into a mechanic friend of mine and he tried resetting the remote both with and without the scan tool and nothing worked. Has anyone experienced this problem and have any suggestions. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Greg

Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

It could be something as simple as unhooking the battery and reconnecting. A coworker had the same problem with his 07 Avalanche and that seemed to work for him...not sure for how long though.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by Greg V
I have a 07' Avalanche that started having the keyless entry act up. First thought it was the battery going bad in the remote. Replaced and that was not it. You can lock and unlock the doors with the remote fine as long as you do not let the truck sit locked for very long. If you lock the car with the remote and let it set for a few minutes and come back and try to unlock it with the remote it will not unlock or lock, the remote acts dead. It you use the key and unlock the door then the remote goes back to working fine. Took into a mechanic friend of mine and he tried resetting the remote both with and without the scan tool and nothing worked. Has anyone experienced this problem and have any suggestions. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
You may need to switch out the front driver side control panel. I had a similar issue where that door would not open and neither would the windows. I had to manually lock it or open the door with the key. That is a case of getting water in the panel. You can buy a replacement and have a dealer program it for a small amount of money. I would also unplug the battery and plug it back in after 15 mins and also another tip would be to pull the fuses out one by one and make sure they are in firm.