No power on take off - Truck Forums

Chevrolet Avalanche Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Avalanche here.

No power on take off

Old 09-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Beginner
Default No power on take off

Okay, 2007 5.3 vin 3 with 220k on it. Isles just fine, no issue there. When Iím sitting at a red light or just barely moving and give a little or a lot of throttle, it tries to go, rpms donít hardly move, and just bogs comepletely down. Sometimes if I just barely touch the throttle and feather it real good, sheíll actually accelerate, but nowhere near what she should. Once the rpms get to a little over 2000, sheíll take right off! If Iím driving down the highway, I can put it to the floor and itíll downshift and take off like normal. Iíve put a new fuel pump, vent solenoid, tps, map sensor and new plugs and wires. I know itís got a lot of miles on it, but 6 months ago she ran like a champ! The only code itís showing is a p0016 crank/can position correlation code. I really donít think itís the timing chain, Iím hoping itís the cats maybe? The same code was present when I bought the truck and never had any issues. Iím gonna replace the crank and can sensor as soon as I can, but donít have the money to just be throwing at the truck anymore. Gonna have to be a few weeks. Any ideas? Itís hard for me to take the truck anywhere to run various tests on it due to work and money issues at the moment.