Chevy/GMC Small Trucks Forum Discuss the Colorado, Canyon, Sonoma, S-10, etc here!

Could someone please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Default Could someone please help!!!

I Recently Purchased A 1995 S10 4.3l, I Recently Took It To The Mechanic And Had Them Look Over Everything and had them change out all the spark plug wire, spark plugs, belt, hoses, replace the transmission filter, change the oil, change the transmission fluid, clean the injectors, change the distributer cap and even got the rear shocks replaced, He Told Me The Truck Probably Had Been In A Accident Because Of Parts Marked In Orange In The Front End, He Said That Would Also Explain The Abs Light And Airbag Light Staying On The Entire Time Inside The Truck, And Recently After Driving It I Noticed That I Really Have To Mash On The Gas To Get The Truck To Go and if I mash all the way down on the gas it hardly moves, And At Around 30 Mph it starts to pick up alittle but still sluggish, but Correct Me If I'm Wrong But A 4.3l In A Small Truck Like The S10 I Should Have More Power Right, In All Honestly It Feels Like The Brakes Are Sticking Or Something Along Those Lines, Could It Be The Abs Causing This Issue, another person told me that my cadilac converter may be clogged up. What Steps Should I Take To Fix This Issue?? What Should I Replace???? Also The Mechanic Had To Tighten Down My Ball Joints On Both Sides Because They Were Loose, What Would Cause Them To Become Loose?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 PM

pull the codes.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Does this truck have a TBI or MPFI? How did the old spark plugs look when they were removed? If it were your brakes holding you would definitely smell them after driving it for just a short distance. Also like Gixxer said have the trouble codes pulled. If you don't have a scan tool most auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free. Make note of them and get back with us.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 AM

Advance said they can loan code reader but not allowed to read codes due to a lawsuit. I don't know if it's a corporate decision or that store only. Auto zone read my code.