Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

2 Questions for yoiu Experts out there

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Default 2 Questions for yoiu Experts out there

First question: If I were to add some aftermarket speaker (not including subd) just front component set and rear door speakers, and no amp will be added. Will these aftermarket speakers (pretty high end), will it make a difference playing off my factory radio. Right now the goal is to add sound quality without it being noticed.

Second question: I recently bought some new wheel and tires. My factory wheels were part of the deal. I did not remove the tire pressure sensors from the factory wheels. My warning light constanly stays on and the warning sign "Check Tire Pressure System" is staring me in the face every time I start my truck. Can you disable that part of the system? I mean, I monitor my tires with a tradional tire guage.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 AM

#1 I put some pioneer in my doors a couple months ago. Not a huge difference in sound quality but my stock ones "buzzed" quite a bit. These don't do that, but the left one went out. Make sure to cover up the wires with something b/c I know that's what happened to my left one.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 AM

First off are you doin a component set or coaxials? You probably mean coaxials Im assumuing due to you not running an amp. Depending on the brand speaker you went with you will be able to tell a difference. But an aftermarket head unit will usually sound better due to a lil more power and more adjustability.

The TPS im not positive on, but Im sure theres a wire or fuse. Or theres the posibility of pulling the bulb?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

You should definitely get better sound from some decent factory replacements, of course unfortunately most people equate better sound with volume level which will require an amp. If you are just looking for clearer notes at a normal volume level than you should notice crisper sound with some 2 or 3 way replacements.
The easiest way on the tire pressure sensor is to remove the bulb, however why not put your sensors in the new wheels and take advantage of that system. A good shop should not charge much, you shouldn't even have to completely remove the tire from the wheel - just break the bead on the outside and work it in there. This will depend on the profile of your tires though. If they are really low profile then the rear bead needs to be removed and the tire slid back on the wheel.
Good luck!

Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM

What type of high end speakers are you going to put in?