Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

2005 transmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Default RE: 2005 transmission problem

You see, I do care!!! I care that someone who's father owned a GM dealership represents himself as a former GM employee and fools everyone into thinking he probably knows what he is talking about. You are no more a former GM employee than someone flipping burgers at McDonalds is an employee of McDonalds Corporation. If you ever received a payroll check from GM I will kiss your ___. I do care that incorrect and deceptive information is given out to unsuspecting and inexperienced individuals. The members of this forum appreciate truth and not self serving, ego inflating deception. I don't have to be a walking interchange manual to find out what parts will work for a model year. Most wrecking yards can provide that information if you are looking for used parts. If anyone is getting a big ego boost it is you. It's too bad you have to inflate your ego by mis-representing yourself and passing out wrong or twisted or incomplete information. I will correct you everytime you hand out bad information. I will do that because I DO CARE!
ORIGINAL: makoltd

YOU DON’T CARE - My god, your loosing it man. You don't give a damn about what tranny will fit in your 05 truck. That says it all. This is a Forum where we share what we have learned. We do this so others won't be deceived by the BS they get when they HAVE to hit the dlrshps. You just don't care. Funny thing is, people come here because they do care. Maybe a wrecker can offer a guy with a 1999 Silverado a 04' tranny. I assume he would care if he could save $1500. It's good to know your tool box is big. Unfortunately I have to drag around mine around by 5th wheel when we go to Baja. As for Trannys, you can either buy a Reman or New; then you would know that, If You Cared. I am sure someone does. This, I keep having to repeat to you is a Forum. It isn't about you man, it's about the Silverado and the people who “CARE,” enough or have had enough BS to come here for answers. I am not going to pick your post apart. The fact is;
YOU DON'T CARE. Aren't we lucky you’re finally being honest.
Greek

Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 AM

as someone who has dealt w/chevy for 4yrs over my BRAND NEW 02 silverado z71 knows that chevy is a bunch of crooks and will not stand behind their product and will outright cheat u and lie to u so that they do not have to fix their sub par products my truck has been in the shop in 4 different states everything from a motor that had a .040 under piston in it that took 2.5 yrs for them to finally fix tranny and diff problems that i still have a/c has been replaced and rebuilt 4 times i have had reliable chevy in springfield,mo. lie and straight up cheat me on this truck the " retired chevy kiss butt " needs too just face the facts that he wasted his time workin for a crook for all those yrs hope u feel proud steallin good americans money

Old 12-04-2006, 03:26 PM

It's real easy to complain but where are the specifics? What have you been told on your specific problems? If you have been to that many dealers I suggest the problem with the truck is you. Where did you get that .040 piston BS? Standard size pistons are used on the assembly line only. A .040 undersized piston would knock so bad it never would have gotten out of the plant let alone have a customer hear it and then buy the vehicle. Dealers try very hard to satisfy a customer. In todays world of consumerism and with so many other manufacturers trying to get your business, a person would be foolish to try to lie, cheat or decieve a customer. Does it ever happen? Of course, just like any other business you have individuals who don't deal honestly. If you think every dealer is lying to you, I suggest the problem is you and not them.
ORIGINAL: animalj69

as someone who has dealt w/chevy for 4yrs over my BRAND NEW 02 silverado z71 knows that chevy is a bunch of crooks and will not stand behind their product and will outright cheat u and lie to u so that they do not have to fix their sub par products my truck has been in the shop in 4 different states everything from a motor that had a .040 under piston in it that took 2.5 yrs for them to finally fix tranny and diff problems that i still have a/c has been replaced and rebuilt 4 times i have had reliable chevy in springfield,mo. lie and straight up cheat me on this truck the " retired chevy kiss butt " needs too just face the facts that he wasted his time workin for a crook for all those yrs hope u feel proud steallin good americans money

Old 04-28-2007, 10:55 AM

My 04 Sierra did this since new and the dealer replaced the rear U-Joint and it went away. However, it feels like it might be slowly coming back. I felt it slightly on the initial test drive and thought it might just be the beefyness of the gears. However, the tranny is twitchy, clanky, and not up to year 2000 standards.