Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Front end on a 2000 Sierra??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Default 2006 Front end on a 2000 Sierra??

Howdy all!

I just bought my ex-step fathers 2000 GMC sierra SLT three door for $900!

However the front end is mashed in a little, as is the passenger door.

It'll need a radiator support (wondering if this is bolted or welded in. looks bolted to me). It's missing both the rear windshield and the third door glass.

Then I'll need the hood, grill, headlights, bumper (and attachments), signals,...

Yesterday however I found an ad on my local Craigslist for the entire front end off a 2006 Silverado (fenders, Hood, grill, headlights, signals) for $375! (I'd likely sell the grill and get the 2006 GMC grill).

The ad claims these will fit on any 99 or newer.

Is this true?? If so my 2000 could look like a 2006 for less then OEM replacement! It's black, and my truck is white, but I've given up on matching panels to color already. It'll have to be painted when finished.

I'll upload pics tomorrow. Unfortunately the ones I have are to huge, and it's dark now.

Thanks all!

Last edited by Vancefish; 03-31-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: SLT not STL
Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 PM

I've seen a Tahoe with a 2006 front end. Those are basically the 99-02 Silverado front ends, which would be very similar to a Sierra. I think it'll work. Might just have to do a few of your own little fabrications.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 PM

Although I think it would fit. I'm not so sure about a few things.

First off the 2006 GMC isn't the same as the Silverado. The GMC headlight curves around the side a little. Where as the Silverado doesn't.

Also the GMC's Hood/Fender edge is more on the "top" of the hood, with more Fender. Where as the Silverado appears to be more on the side. with more Hood and less fender.

With a custom grill I think it could look cool. I'd want to fashion a GMC logo to throw everyone off a bit though.

I think,.. I'll need to think about it a bit.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:34 AM
jvp

OK, I'll bite, don't take this in degroatory, or negative way, but I gotta ask?'
How did you come about with Vancefish as a member name? I can guess that your name is Vance and you love to fish, join the club.

And if your name is Vance glad to meet you. You just don't meet very many Vance's in this world matter of fact darn few and welcome as a new member

jvp

Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by jvp
OK, I'll bite, don't take this in degroatory, or negative way, but I gotta ask?'
How did you come about with Vancefish as a member name? I can guess that your name is Vance and you love to fish, join the club.

And if your name is Vance glad to meet you. You just don't meet very many Vance's in this world matter of fact darn few and welcome as a new member

jvp
GOT ONE!! Set the hook,.. Don't pull to hard! lol jk

Yes, one of my names is Vance, and I am a fan of Fishing AND Aquariums.

I currently have a 40 gallon Salt and a 75 Gallon Reef tank. Being in Colorado I spend a lot of time fishing the high mountain lakes as well.

I've been using this name in forums for about 8 years now. It's always available on every site (likely why I'm "hooked" on it). So, I've likely got this member name on 10-15 different Forum sites.

So, any answers on the Radiator support?

My 92 Accord was smashed by a 99 Sierra back in December. His insurance bought me another Accord. Which needs a radiator support replaced as well. Issue is on that car it is structural and welded in.

My logic tells me this is a truck with a full frame. Thus the radiator support is likely just that and nothing else. Thus bolted in??

Thanks for the welcome, and any answers.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:24 AM

Unfortunately someone bought that front end Friday before I cashed my check.

However I still need to know about that radiator support. It's essentially bowed in at the center, thus would be best to replace it.

Is it bolted or welded in?

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Front end on a 2000 Sierra??-dscn0044_012.jpg   2006 Front end on a 2000 Sierra??-dscn0045_011.jpg