Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

2007 4 speed tranny issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Default 2007 4 speed tranny issues

I have noticed others talking about many problems with the newer six speedbut I am having issues with my 4 speed in my 07 1500 6.0 max. I found while in first gear At low speed shifting into second is often very hard and goes in with a real jolt. I took it to the dealer and they could not reproduce it. I picked it uP from the dealer and the very first 1-2 shift while leaving was a big jolt. I turned Around and left it there Again to have them look over it again and maby have the service manager take it for a drive. About two weeks later they call me to tell me that the truck is fine and it is as designed. Picked up the truck and again it happened. I then finally took the service manager with me for a drive and showed him the issue. Theyflashed the control mod for me and sent me on my way...... The truck is still shifting hard and rough. When warranty runs out it will be on bill. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know what was done about it and how/ if it was repaired also an issues with a sticky shift the odd time and jolting forward while slowing down

Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

I have not had that problem but to me it kinda sounds like a shift solenoid gettin sticky. But dont take my guess for it, did you call any tranny shops and explain? I can ask around and see what I come up with.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Here's some info you might suggest to the dealer... http://www.corvetteproblems.com/car/...1500-5-3-with/

Since you already had it flashed, I would look into a good tranny service or flush and filter change. Im pretty sure its a sticky solenoid which are cheap and easy to replace.

Last edited by RUFFNECK4LYFE; 02-04-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the help.The issue I now face is getting gm to do something about it. Warranty items seem to be very hard to "reproduce" when it is at A gm shop.seems to me that not many dealers do trAnny work on site and is all shipped externally to the neArest transmission shop

Old 02-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Yeah I hear ya. They give everyone the run around.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Henry_dry
I have noticed others talking about many problems with the newer six speedbut I am having issues with my 4 speed in my 07 1500 6.0 max. I found while in first gear At low speed shifting into second is often very hard and goes in with a real jolt. I took it to the dealer and they could not reproduce it. I picked it uP from the dealer and the very first 1-2 shift while leaving was a big jolt. I turned Around and left it there Again to have them look over it again and maby have the service manager take it for a drive. About two weeks later they call me to tell me that the truck is fine and it is as designed. Picked up the truck and again it happened. I then finally took the service manager with me for a drive and showed him the issue. Theyflashed the control mod for me and sent me on my way...... The truck is still shifting hard and rough. When warranty runs out it will be on bill. If anyone else has had this problem please let me know what was done about it and how/ if it was repaired also an issues with a sticky shift the odd time and jolting forward while slowing down
Henry_dry,
Can you please email me with your VIN and current mileage? I would like to look into this.
Christina
GM Customer Service