Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

97 silverado brick-wall

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chrisbmo2000
WELL.............who ever told you it had to do with vacuum issues was WRONG!!!!! The crankcase has positive pressure...........hence the Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve...PCV...the biggest problem with running with no pcv is the POSSIBLE loss of oil and MAYBE some irratic idle.
Right on!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:05 AM

To start, thanks to everyone for your words of wisdom and unlimited Chevy knowledge. Second, it seems like it is getting more and more difficult to trust the shop mechanic these days. I appreciate the straightforwardness and reliability of all your answers to my pickup issues. Problems have been resolved! Thanks again to everyone!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

Glad we could help.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Chevrolet/GMC, Racing, Recreational Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by 97zsilvy
To start, thanks to everyone for your words of wisdom and unlimited Chevy knowledge. Second, it seems like it is getting more and more difficult to trust the shop mechanic these days. I appreciate the straightforwardness and reliability of all your answers to my pickup issues. Problems have been resolved! Thanks again to everyone!

What did it end up being? Just so we know.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:23 AM

Radiator issue was a crack in the plastic tank that when I put stop leak in ended up clogging the inlet to the radiator from the block due to rust + stop-leak+ etc. This caused a permanent purge into the overflow tank and low coolant issues. New radiator. Problem Fixed.
Idle issue was due to leak-by from gaskets for riser/intake/throttle body which I had replaced for $200 because I didn't have the proper tools to adjust timing, etc. Back to running like a champ thanks to you all!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
General Truck/Classifieds Forum Moderator

good deal