Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

98 defroster controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Default 98 defroster controls

[hr]

I am having problems with my heater not changing locations (ie; defroster, dash and floor), it basically stays on the defroster but it also moves from dash and floor. In short, the defroster stays on, but the dash and floor shut off and turn on when they are sapposed to.[/align][/align]I put the flapper back in it's location a couple of days ago. [/align][/align]Now here is the issue. That d@mn air valve came off again. Now it is just flopping around in the housing again.

I was wondering if there is a clip that holds it in place or if it is sapposed to just sit there in the opposing hole?

Ifso where does the clip go? Near the arm, or on the opposite side where it just stabbs in the hole?[/align][/align]On another note, I am wondering if you guys have figured out a way to fix the fan control switch's 4th position. It is the position right before high. (medium-high) I have replaced the switch twice and it works for about a month and then it quits. The rest of the positions work, but only that one quits. I havetoredown the switch and the terminal is bent everytime. I usually bend it back and then it works again for another month. The other night Iput a piece of plastic under the terminal to see if that would help to keep it from bending, but that didn't work. It workedfor about one day.So does anybody know how to fix it permenantly so I can use that speed on the fan? Or am I just pissing into the wind with this thing??[/align]

Old 12-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Default RE: 98 defroster controls

I finally fixed the problem, I built a little arm out of plastic to keep the control arm from being able to back out. Just screwed it into the side of the airbox.

So this is done.