Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Aftermarket Exhaust Brands?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:18 AM

I went to the local muffler shop,they put on a cat back with dual tips,and a flowmaster series 40 for less than 400$ labor and all. Never noticed any big change whe cruising and it goes into 4cyl mode. Been nothing but happy with it.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 PM

I have the Gibson too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Gibson Exhaust 65627, or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Well guys, I finally decided and purchased and installed the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust for CAD$730 shipped to my house (www.magnaflowstop.com) and had it installed for CAD$80, and I can actually say I have no regrets getting it! It sound amazing now that it has settled in with the flow of the exhaust going through it. I remember the night we installed it, it sounded like the angriest truck around. it was so loud, you couldn't believe it. But now it sounds perfect and I had resonance problem at first because of the heat shield on the passenger side, so I removed and now its wrapped in a ceramic exhaust wrap. Gentleman, If you want quality sound and beautiful looking product, I suggest you go with the Magnaflow! You will love it!

Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Default GM Performance

I just installed the GM Performance catback exhaust on my 07' NBS Sierra with a 5.3L and the active Fuel Management system. I decided to go with the single exhaust for the following reasons. 1.) I wanted a nice rumble but without the irritating drone that permeates the cab while driving at a constant speed. 2.) Upon acceleration, I didn't want the noise to eventually start to irritate me. (especially in stop and go traffic) 3.) Spare tire issues with duals...hence removing it! 4.) When it DOES go to 4 cyl. mode, it does not sound bad..just a bit quieter. The GM exhaust is made by Borla. It looks great...installed PERFECTLY! I realize that no one is going to get on their knees and check out my exhaust....but I do! I noticed a tad bit of acceleration improvement, but nothing huge at this point. However with that said, I have not exactly JUMPED on it since the install. I just wanted a better sound without being obnoxious and a bit better gas mileage. "LOUD" was great on my ol' 1070 Chevelle SS when I had it...not a Crew Cab Sierra SLT. Just my opinion. Price was at $635

Last edited by chrt396; 09-22-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Added extra sentence
Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Toyota, Nissan, and Other Truck Forum Moderator

Give it a few days and you will notice that the exhaust note will get louder and louder cuz of the computer adjusting to it. In a good way I mean. You should put some videos up.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:40 AM

I have Magnaflow Exhaust from 6 months as it is very much reliable and quality product. Till now I have not come up with any of the issues. You can try that and can see the difference.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by RUFFNECK4LYFE
Give it a few days and you will notice that the exhaust note will get louder and louder cuz of the computer adjusting to it. In a good way I mean. You should put some videos up.
Really??? I'm going to get a photo op here some day..in between golf and my wife wanting to go to the mall. I'll get some videos up and running. I also need some good pictures for my sig.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 AM

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 16741. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Beginner
Default I agree with chrt396

I was surprised how many people replied with exhaust suggestions that worked for their older vehicles. I have an '07 and first tried Dynomax, that was a waste of time. I am going with the Borla since I do have the AFM system and I have heard from others the drone from the 4 cylinder knock off is not heard. Crht396, what is the part number to that kit.?

Originally Posted by chrt396
I just installed the GM Performance catback exhaust on my 07' NBS Sierra with a 5.3L and the active Fuel Management system. I decided to go with the single exhaust for the following reasons. 1.) I wanted a nice rumble but without the irritating drone that permeates the cab while driving at a constant speed. 2.) Upon acceleration, I didn't want the noise to eventually start to irritate me. (especially in stop and go traffic) 3.) Spare tire issues with duals...hence removing it! 4.) When it DOES go to 4 cyl. mode, it does not sound bad..just a bit quieter. The GM exhaust is made by Borla. It looks great...installed PERFECTLY! I realize that no one is going to get on their knees and check out my exhaust....but I do! I noticed a tad bit of acceleration improvement, but nothing huge at this point. However with that said, I have not exactly JUMPED on it since the install. I just wanted a better sound without being obnoxious and a bit better gas mileage. "LOUD" was great on my ol' 1070 Chevelle SS when I had it...not a Crew Cab Sierra SLT. Just my opinion. Price was at $635

Old 12-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Beginner
Default No need to reply..

Folks, please don't take this wrong but if you do not have the AFM on your vehicle then you do not understand the dead end issues we have with seemingly simple performance upgrades.. So far when asking anout lifter or cam replacements there have maybe four replies and I think two are mine...

Originally Posted by cathauler00'
The best sounding muffler for the 5.3L in my opinion would be the Dynomax Super Turbo..usually around $50-$70...quiet at idle and low cab noise when normal driven but sounds great when you want it to. You can hear sound clips on youtube.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust Brands?