Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Which bedliner for my new truck??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Beginner
Default Which bedliner for my new truck??????

GMC Sierra crew cab SLT OR LE possibly new that I plan on getting within next few months and I plan on getting the fiberglass bed cover later on. I was thinking about getting the rubber bedliner vs the other ones. Thoughts and prices associated with the various kind?

Also, I probably want to get the bed rails as well so is there a special bed cover that the rails would mount through? As far as getting the rails, if i don't get the bed cover and rails same time, which one must I do first?

Also, how do you guys think the white trucks look with a dark interior? I have always liked a darker interior like black or dark grey; also never owned a white vehicle. I think that cashmere fits better but ofcourse harder to keep clean. I wish they had available the colors that the king ranch seats come in, that peanut butter color or caramel for the interior

Thoughts on all three?

Old 02-27-2012, 07:26 PM

I have a fiberglass trifold tanneau cover with a custom fit bed mat in my 2011 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab. I highly recommend the trifold.

My truck is gray with black interior...you mentioned about getting a black interior, I think it is a great choice and would look good with white ext.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope you like it as much as I like mine! I was always a truck nut but since buying this truck my truck addiction has gotten worse!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GMC2011
I have a fiberglass trifold tanneau cover with a custom fit bed mat in my 2011 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab. I highly recommend the trifold.

My truck is gray with black interior...you mentioned about getting a black interior, I think it is a great choice and would look good with white ext.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope you like it as much as I like mine! I was always a truck nut but since buying this truck my truck addiction has gotten worse!
i was in love with black and always thought white was the hardest thing to keep clean. Never owned black or white but asking around everyone says black is the hardest to keep clean. Also, I just like the way the lighter colors seem to be more brighter and vibrant with the chrome. I must have 20 inch wheels and will try to get them chrome upon ordering if i order a new one. I like the 2010 wheels, will post a pic. I hope i can still get those wheels on a 2012. I will google the trifold to see how it looks on a truck.

i was thinking if i got a dark interior, it will be too much white/ black/chrome only on the truck and that the cashmere interior will give it a good offset. I will look at some to get a feel for which way I should go.

If you get a chance post an image so i can see about the cover. Google aint showing me which is which, they are showing a few diff covers

Last edited by nyg052003; 02-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 AM

I uploaded a couple pictures to my album. Check it out.

Black interior is not hard to keep clean in my opinion. I have kids that play sports and are always dirty. I have towels in my truck all the time but honestly the black isn't bad to upkeep IMO.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Beginner

I uploaded a couple pictures to my album. Check it out.

Black interior is not hard to keep clean in my opinion. I have kids that play sports and are always dirty. I have towels in my truck all the time but honestly the black isn't bad to upkeep IMO.
does it fold out/in/up?

i should be able to get it painted too right? Can you order in certain colors in that cover? Whats the cost?

i was trying to find a video on youtube showing how it operates

Last edited by nyg052003; 02-28-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by nyg052003
does it fold out/in/up?

i should be able to get it painted too right? Can you order in certain colors in that cover? Whats the cost?

i was trying to find a video on youtube showing how it operates
Here: Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover | TonneauCoversWorld.com

This is not the exact one that I have but it is very similar. You're looking at around $700...it is money well spent!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Beginner

Here: Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover | TonneauCoversWorld.com

This is not the exact one that I have but it is very similar. You're looking at around $700...it is money well spent!
looks ok. I wonder how hard it would be to get it painted the same color of the truck or if they even come in different colors? I will contact them and ask probably

Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by nyg052003
looks ok. I wonder how hard it would be to get it painted the same color of the truck or if they even come in different colors? I will contact them and ask probably
I'm not sure about the colors. I only ever saw black. With you getting white and having a black interior a black cover would look dam good.

Any other questions about it, let me know...If you are into a bed cover and can afford to spend the money you will love this type of cover.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:27 PM

I've had black trucks, silver trucks, red trucks and I now have the white diamond which is kind of off white. I'll take white ones from now on. You can't find a better looking truck than a black one clean and shined up but it's hard to keep them that way. Dark interiors show dust more than a light ones IMO. I have the cashmere interior and I love it. They all look good....you just have to get what you want because you'll be paying for it and living with it.
I have had the LineX bed liner in my last three trucks and I have no problems with it. It's a whole lot better than the drop in liners for sure.
Good luck with your choices.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Beginner

Hey man sounds like you know what you want. I bought my dream truck and i gotta say the black interior is very nice. Mine being leather IMO is 10x more comfortable than cloth. White will be a nice color. I like my black and Crome. I also put a Truxedo roll up bed cover on mine. IMO I like the roll up cause it doesn't compromise space. They are cheaper but don't have the security, post some pics when you get it so we can all see it.

Quick Reply: Which bedliner for my new truck??????