Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Which bedliner for my new truck??????

Old 03-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by 08AllTerrain View Post
Hey man sounds like you know what you want. I bought my dream truck and i gotta say the black interior is very nice. Mine being leather IMO is 10x more comfortable than cloth. White will be a nice color. I like my black and Crome. I also put a Truxedo roll up bed cover on mine. IMO I like the roll up cause it doesn't compromise space. They are cheaper but don't have the security, post some pics when you get it so we can all see it.
does it button up all the way around on both sides? I think I'm gona go with the midnight blue metallic. Kind of fell in love with that one ovr past few days. 20 inch chrome wheels, chrome handles and mirrors, ect, denali grill, and dark cashmere leather is what i want

Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Beginner

Mine is Velcro on each sides. They are better then the buttons. The salesman said a full grown man can sleep on top of mine but I'm to scared to try it. I like it and with meguiars protectant it looks great. I honestly love that blue metallic and the cashmere leather will match great. Definitely would like to see pics when you get it.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Beginner

Mine is Velcro on each sides. They are better then the buttons. The salesman said a full grown man can sleep on top of mine but I'm to scared to try it. I like it and with meguiars protectant it looks great. I honestly love that blue metallic and the cashmere leather will match great. Definitely would like to see pics when you get it.
if u can get some pics up of it i would like to see yours also. I was always sort of skeptical with velcro and some things cause with some things it seems as if the more you loosen it up and put back, it looses it's stickiness over time. Did u notice any of that? Also, what makes yours so sturdy that someone can sleep on it one would think lol? I mean, i guess back then they used to have the bars that went across the bed maybe a few ft apart that sort of stabilized the cover. Now with yours being to where you can roll it up and still have that available space, it won't have those bars right?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Beginner

just googled an image of a truck with a truxedo and if this is correct, looks like i can still get my chrome bed rails????????????

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...%3Divns&itbs=1

Attached Thumbnails Which bedliner for my new truck??????-truxedo-bed-cover.jpg  

Last edited by nyg052003; 03-02-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Beginner

Mine has the bars in it still, thats why i was told you can sleep on it. But i havent noticed any loss in the stickyness so far. Ive had it since i got the truck a little over a year or so ago. The best part is Truxedo warranties the covers for life so if the velcro goes bad they send you new parts for free. They sent me a new latch and it didnt cost me a dime. Mine rolls up with the bars in it and i dont lose any space cause it rolls up over the front bed rails so its as far out of the way as it can be. It would work for you to cause you can put your crome rails on to. Ill try to get some pics up today.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Beginner

Mine has the bars in it still, thats why i was told you can sleep on it. But i havent noticed any loss in the stickyness so far. Ive had it since i got the truck a little over a year or so ago. The best part is Truxedo warranties the covers for life so if the velcro goes bad they send you new parts for free. They sent me a new latch and it didnt cost me a dime. Mine rolls up with the bars in it and i dont lose any space cause it rolls up over the front bed rails so its as far out of the way as it can be. It would work for you to cause you can put your crome rails on to. Ill try to get some pics up today.
sounds good man. Now I'm all wondering about what I really want in a truck. I want the denali front end but on the SLE or SLT. I like the SLT better cause it has the woodgrain and stuff. I contacted a salesman at a dealer to see if i can get the truck built specifically like i want it, with the denali front end on either of those other 2 models. I also lately have been falling in love with the larger wheels.

The 22 inch wheels just look so much more full. I wonder if gas mileage will decrease with the 22's vs the 20's, and the 20's vs the 18's? The larger the wheel the less gas mileage? If its a GM designed wheel it shouldnt matter if the wheels are larger as far as gas mileage? What about the speedometer being thrown off? I guess if it is ordered, they should have it all matched up at the factory?

Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Beginner

Yeah i think you would enjoy the SLT way more than the SLE. The woodgrain and all the standard features are so nice in mine. Though my truck is an LTZ they are similar to the SLT. I wish i woulda waited a little longer and bought a 2011 cause there are a few things that the 2011-12s have that my truck doesnt. But with the tan interior the leather is better than the cloth and looks very nice.

About the larger wheels.. You should be fine with it coming from the factory, so the speedo should be dialed in to the size you choose. I dont know how the gas mileage will change with them on a 1/2ton but i lost like a half of a mpg when i put my 20s on. I did have to have my speedo redialed but thats for aftermarket wheels. Sounds like your truck is gonna look sweet with all the crome and the wheels you put on it.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Beginner

Yeah i think you would enjoy the SLT way more than the SLE. The woodgrain and all the standard features are so nice in mine. Though my truck is an LTZ they are similar to the SLT. I wish i woulda waited a little longer and bought a 2011 cause there are a few things that the 2011-12s have that my truck doesnt. But with the tan interior the leather is better than the cloth and looks very nice.

About the larger wheels.. You should be fine with it coming from the factory, so the speedo should be dialed in to the size you choose. I dont know how the gas mileage will change with them on a 1/2ton but i lost like a half of a mpg when i put my 20s on. I did have to have my speedo redialed but thats for aftermarket wheels. Sounds like your truck is gonna look sweet with all the crome and the wheels you put on it.
yeah i have to see how much the dealer is wanting for the 20's rim/tire package as well as the 22 set. I might can actually get them cheaper aftermarket even if its a different set and one that I'm happy with. I think on the gmc website for some of the 22's it was saying something like 3000 bucks and hopefully that included tires lol

Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Beginner

Yeah I don't know how GM does their packages with wheels. Mine cost 3000 for wheels and tires but my wheels aren't GM wheels.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Beginner

Yeah I don't know how GM does their packages with wheels. Mine cost 3000 for wheels and tires but my wheels aren't GM wheels.
i saw some on ebay for somewhere between 1000 and 1300 for a set of wheels and should be able to get tires for about at least no more than 1000 for the set so I might not get the wheels from GM but rather maybe buy them and have them install at dealer upon getting vehicle. I would ask them all the questions about how and if they would need to send the vehicle in to reprogram things or what.