Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Bedliner, Spray on or Drop in Plastic

Old 04-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Default Bedliner, Spray on or Drop in Plastic

Hey guys,

I don't know how many of you may have already made a decision on your bed liner or not. Hopefully this can serve as a user feedback on the particular product that you chose. I am having a Rhino Lining sprayed on my bed as we speak I will post some pics later for anyone that may want to see. Funny I was first sold on a Line-X Liner.

I opted for the spray in liner rather than the plastic drop in due to one simple reason. I am sure some of you know my occupation is an over the road truck driver. I travel all 48 states, my main reason for not buying a drop in bed liner was the simple fact that I see plastic liners littering the interstates for whatever reason that is who knows? Making a decison on a bed liner is almost as important nowadays as which lift you are going to buy or which tbs or cai to buy! I found a website www.bedlinerfacts.com Check it out for your self but it seemed like a propaganda website of sorts sponsored by penda corp which is the United States largest maker of Plastic bed liners. Newayz you be the judge. If you are considering a spray in bed liner consider going to google and searching user groups there on line-x or Rhino. I know there are other names out there as well.

I chose the Rhino as it has a thicker coating than the line-x. It has a 1/4 inch coating rather than a 1/8 inch coating. Newayz provide your feedback if you have some. This post is not intended to be a persuading or leading post whatsoever.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:08 PM
TruckForum Addict
Default RE: Bedliner, Spray on or Drop in Plastic

I hate my plastic bed liner. But when i got it it already did the damage. The rails are scraped up and and starting to rust. So now i have to leave itin until i can get a spray on liner.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:21 PM

I just installed a Line X spray on bedliner on my new Classic. I did quite a bit of research first. My main reason was the simple fact that my last truck had a vinyl liner that always had water standing in it. Water runs right out with a spray in. You might consider spending a few extra dollars and have the liner sprayed over the top of the rail and tailgate. The vinyl protector on the tail gate is taken off and the holes filled prior to spraying. It looks great and should last the life to the truck.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 PM

I bought my truck and the guy had taken the drop in liner out.... The paint and primer is rubbed off in the bed and I'm lucky it came with factory rail covers. I plan on getting a spray on in a month or so. Plus if you get moisture under the drop in - that's a bad mix.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:10 AM

I kinda like my factory plasic liner. Mostly because it has a bowtie on it. I would go with spray on if I coukd afford it though.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 PM

Spray on liner is the way to go. I had a drop in on my 93' and the rust under it was bad. It held water all the time in and under. Also it would swell with heat and 4x8 plywood would not fit.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM

my drop in sucks. it didn't come with drain holes. its from chevrolet, and it didn't have drain holes. the sides have started to warp, and its an 02 truck, so im basically going to chunk it, but im afraid to look because i know its rusty as anything under there... spray-in is definitely worth the money

Old 08-27-2007, 01:34 AM

My truck had a plastic drop in when i bought it so i had been planning on getting a spray in liner like Rhino or similar forever, but then I heard about Bedrug. Its an alternative to drop ins and spray in liners but with the best of both worlds. Its cheaper than a spray in but just as durable. Its made from plastic (not real carpet) and has non-absorbant foam padding underneath so its gentle on cargo and your knees if you have to crawl in the bed to grab something. Check out the website for more info: bedrug.com. I havent gotten mine yet [other priorites first] but i found them for $300 at many sites including AutoAnything.com. I know they seem too good to be true so i am still skeptical myself. Let me know the results if you guys try one out.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 AM

I've got a rhino in the back.....cost about 400 dollars to prep and spray, it's perfect, durable and have had it for 7 years now with no signs of wear. Easy to clean too.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 AM

i had a drop in in my 87, but it didnt rust the bed. took off the paint, everywhere, though. once my truck is done being painted, i wanna get a spray on. does anyone know about the ROLL ON liners? you can get a kit for like $60....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bedliner, Spray on or Drop in Plastic