Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BIG PROBLEMS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Default RE: BIG PROBLEMS!

no i disconnected it a few times and then it reconnected perfectly! im pretty sure that its computer ****!
like... if you disconnect the battery and then it connects again, there is something definately wrong with some sort of electrical connection!
i did it maybe 4 times and each and every single time it grabbed back again... then about 1/8 of a mile down the road it slipped out again!

and if i shut the truck off like 4 or 5 times in a row... it would catch momentarily as well!! WTF?

i heard something about shift solenoids??
what about clutch plates?

thanks guys for all your help.. im thinking that im going to buy a tranny out of the states if they end up coming back and saying its def. the trans! but i dont think it is!

one thing to point out tho is that i wasnt pulling the camper in tow haul mode... would that completly toast the clutch or what?
i just couldnt justify crusing at 80 Km/hr at 3500 RPM

what do you guys think!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 AM

If you find out let me know. Mine "seems" like it slips when shifting into fourth under light pedal. Like the rpms will spike 400-500 rpm for a second. But if I turn the TQM back on it stops. If I have the pedal down pretty good it won't do it. Or if I reflash the PCM it will stop for a few days than return. I think it could be the PCM. I found out through some research on the web that GM bandaided alot of sh*t with these transmissions with their programming. Like the TQM does so much engine timing, shift timing and fluid pressure changes during the course of your drive its rediculous!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:34 AM

interesting! maybe a recall that ill have to look into perhaps! doubt it but maybe.
hopefully argon will be able to get me some more ideas on this! im pretty sure its electrical **** tho!