Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Bought One, now I need a bedliner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Default Bought One, now I need a bedliner!

Well I did it. I bought an 09 Silverado. I think it is the perfect truck for me. It's got everything I need: 8' bed, back seat, tow package, front tow hooks, manual transfer case--that one was huge on my list--and a 5.3L V8.

It's also lacks all the things I don't want. It doesn't have power locks or windows! Both of those are just more things that can break.

And this truck has quite a bit of power. Only two or three things it's missing:
* Cruise Control--that I can live without
* perhaps a truck cap--no, not the tarp or Tonuo
* bed liner--I need this

So, what kind of bed liner to get. I'm just looking to protect the bed, and I don't have a couple grand to through at it. But I plan to use this truck for the following hauling jobs:
* building materials
* firewood
* gravel, sand and topsoil
* usual stuff--fishing poles, tackle, tools, etc.

Are there any DIY bedliners that actually work? What about the bed mat materials that you trim to cover the entire bed?

Are the old style plastic screw in liners recommended or do they eat beds with rust?

Old 10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Administrator

I personally don't care for my Plastic bedliner, I would highly recommend Rhino liners though, we have had them in three different trucks and they perform flawlessly. I have heard good things about Qwikliner but not too much about any other do it yourself liners

Old 10-08-2009, 05:11 AM

I personnally have not had good experiences with the hard plastic bedliners, with causing the bed to rust underneath, and where the corners are on the paint. I love my Linex bedliner, had it 3 years, never any issue, I have hauled wood, dirt, scrap metal, and every other thing you could imagine. Just my oppinion though.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 AM

I agree with those above. I had a plastic liner in one truck. When they pulled it out to put in the LineX, the paint was worn off from all the dirt and sand getting under it. I have used LineX in my last three trucks and just had one put in my '09. They work and look great IMO. I suggest you don't waste your money on the slide in type.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:45 PM

I was considering the following:

A DualLiner--claims it will not rust underneath because the bottom is a bed pad... http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Dua...k_bedliner.htm

http://www.dualliner.com/compare.php

A Bed Mat: http://www.pickupspecialties.com/bedmats.htm

Lastly, but not strong on my list: a BedRug liner: http://www.bedrug.com/experience/movie.php

Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 PM

They all look pretty neat in their advertisements but I think I will stick with the Linex. If these work as advertised, any one of them could be a good choice. I didn't see all the prices but one was pretty cheap. Good luck.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 PM
TruckForum Addict

I have a TUFF spray in liner and I only paid 300 for it. And I also put my rubber matt back in the rear of my bed, because my Igloo kept sliding around in the bed even with the spray in liner. Anyhow the only thing I have seen that knowone else has mentioned is the spray in liners fade with exposer to the sun. Other than that it is great. Just be sure who ever does i thas a warranty.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Wow, this is one quiet thread. I'm going to guess that bed liners is one of those dead horses that's already been beat over and over and over on this forum.

But based on what folks are saying (searches and this thread), I should have a quality spray in done and pay. But it seems insane to do that now given that the bed is still red and VERY shiny. I'm thinking I'll throw a matt--or cheaper, a piece of plywood--in it and use as I see fit until things are looking kinda scuffed and scratched up. Then pay for the quality bedliner--probably a year from now. Does that sound like a good plan?

Old 10-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Administrator

It's you're own prerogative there bud. If you do a search I beleive there have been quite a few bedliner conversations that were beat to death and then pummeled to bits by people who can't stand it when someone else has an opinion.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:00 PM

Spray in bed liner........ Brand is probable not to important as long as it is big name in spray in liner industry.... 5 years later still happy with Rino Liner, just to many "other" issues with truck....

Dale

Quick Reply: Bought One, now I need a bedliner!