Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Bought One, now I need a bedliner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM

The plastic bedliners are kinda cheesey and cheap looking and are very inexpensive.

The spray in ones are OK, but in my opinion, they are ugly and weather poorly. If you can get one that maintains its luster after a few months...you'll be fine. Other than that, they turn a dull dirty looking gray color after a few months..therefore pick one that has some SHINE to it.

The bed mats are OK...but they don't protect sides...so why even do it?

The Bedrug is neat. You can get it dirty and it pressure washes out. Oil, chemicals won't affect it. It looks great! If you haul something that can be scratched, it prevents the scratches that happen from sliding around in the bed.

I have the GM Bedrug. It has the GMC logo at the bulk head and fits perfectly to the contours of the bed. I don't put topsoil or real construction material in my bed however. If you are going to rag it out...get a spray-in.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 AM

If you are gonna go with a drop in liner--duraliner is great but pricey for a drop in--had one with no complaints for 5 years. However on my 09 Silverado I just put a STK liner in it and I like the slip resistance better than the duraliner and the price was half of a duraliner..........for $170.00 this is a great choice------http://www.stkusa.com/

Old 10-17-2009, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by chemist308
I was considering the following _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Lastly, but not strong on my list: a BedRug liner: http://www.bedrug.com/experience/movie.php
Originally Posted by chrt396
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The Bedrug is neat. You can get it dirty and it pressure washes out. Oil, chemicals won't affect it. It looks great! If you haul something that can be scratched, it prevents the scratches that happen from sliding around in the bed.

_ _ _ _ _
I have one of these and love it. Of course my 09 Silverado is more of a car than a truck. - My friend has a Linex and it looks good and tough. -- Good luck - let us know what you go with.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:44 PM

I would go with Linex, dont think you will have any issues with it.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:01 PM

With what your wanting to haul in your truck, a Quality spray in bed liner is the only way to go. You can try to go cheap... but you will end up kicking your self in the butt. Drop in liners are pure crap along with DIY roll on bed liners! My neighbor thought that Rhino was too expensive so he got a drop in liner... after hauling a bunch of oilfield equipment around in his bed he now has dents from cargo sliding all over the place. He now wishes he would of just done it right the first time.

On selecting a spray in liner company look for the following.
1. Do they have a warranty program.
2. Do you know of anybody that has used them in the past. (Spray in liners has a lot to do with prep work)