Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Bowtie No More

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Default RE: Bowtie No More

Yeah I just looked up at my browser and realized when I joined this forum I joined a group of people with a collective IQ under 50 and fewer teeth than fingers. I can see that by the states you are all from and your Avatars. My intent was to warn others about the crap GM is putting on wheels and how they'returning their backs on their customers. You think any of this aint true - I'll fax a copy of the bill and the service report to anyone of one of who proves they can read. You and GM - you deserve each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 AM

your still here? anyways, most people on this forums are LOVING GM products, and know how to see when they are being ripped off. unfortunatley for you , and you SUPER IQ !! you didnt see it and got screwed. YOU WARRANTY WAS OUT!! YOU HAD TO PAY SO QUIT CRYING! now as for making fun of people on this forum and where we are from, i speak for my self but i know others as well...we are decent working americans who do have jobs, and love our products no matter what problems come. sure we have had our ups and downs with gm some of us...but that is loyalty. so once again go get your toyota and go to another forum... dont forget to get extended warranty that way if it runs out at 3/36 you wont have to pay for something that happened mechanically.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:13 AM

You know, it amazes me how stupid some people can be! Hey DUMBASS, once again you can't compare all GM products based on "YOUR" bad luck! Your true colors are coming through my DUMBASS friend. You established a stereotypical impression of people on this forum based entirely on where they are from. Consequently, this proves how ignorant you are and how your "warnings" about GM problems hold no value.If I wereas angry as you, I would be at the Toyota dealership right now looking for a new truck, not bitching about on a forum.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:40 AM
TruckForum Addict

Okay my question guys is why the heckwould you take a truck to the dealer if your warrenty was up. And not take it to a auto shop you trust. I may be wrong but i have always been told that if you go to a dealer with no warrenty your going to pay more then other auto shops.Thats what i did when my Grand amgt valve spring broke bent a rod and valve about a month ago and spent $1100 and im not bitching about gm and itonly had 50,000 miles on it.SoBOWTIE if your so pissed atGM and you screwed upby not getting a extened warrenty sounds like that your fault for taking it to a dealer not GM's Fault so stop bitching.Thanks

Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 AM

AMEN!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 PM

Alright guys enough already. Bowtie - if all you are going to do is bash chevy and comlpain this is not the right site for you. I also do not appreciate you trying to put us down. You don't even know any of us, but chose to make claims about our education. I understand you are angry, but don't take it out here unless you are going to listen to advice and reasoning. And to everyone else, just let it go. I know it offends all of us, but arguing with him when he isn't listening is a waste of time. So Bowtie, if you are going to keep insulting folks PLEASE LEAVE NOW. You can find another bitch about chevy site somewhere else. But if you want help and are willing to listen, then stick around, although I think you have already burnt alot of bridges.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:24 AM

I'll tell you what. You go ahead and buy a Toyota, and one of us with our "crap" (hardly) GM trucks will follow you around and pick up the pieces. Then when the Yota will go no more, we will calmly hook a chain to ya and pull ya right down to the GM dealer and let you buy a real truck again.

I have a 2002 Chevy 2500HD with 130k, and has pulled a trailer 10,000lb plus trailer for more than 90% of its life. I have had minimal trouble with it. I have replaced the radiator, fan, fan clutch, and water pump. (Only because i was being a dumbass and pegging the thr R-limiter at a truck pull) And tonight i replaced my knock sensors. So, in 5 years and 130k I have only spent less than $1000 in parts. And as far as dealership mechanics go.... I don't trust them any further than i can throw them. If you had a mechanical, or ethical brain in your body you would have done the head work yourself. Then it would have been done the way you wanted it, cheaper, and you could have a little pride in saying that you did it yourself.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:30 PM

If you think you got problems now wait till you get that toy truck.
If you are looking at the new one I would wait, I hearthe rebates are going to be up to 10,000dollars soon. You'll probably be the first person to have one in your county though!

Don't forget that you're gonna DIE in an accident with it's three piece frame!

I also hope you got deep pockets, because with 4.30 gears you are gonna use a lot of gas, a friend of mine bought one and hauled a trailer 300 miles in Florida, So what kind of mileage did he get? Well let's just say that after 3 stops at the pumps his credit card was shut down because he was going through so much gas in such a short time ( they thought the card was stolen.) TRUE STORY!

Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 PM

Well I'll use this last note to answer all your comments.
First, I came here for a little help but mostly to warn others about a potential problem with the Silverado,a problem already with the Colorado that is already all over the internet. What I got was insinuations that I abused the truck and then I got accused of lying! Those of you inclined can go back and read the thread and see for yourself.
I did have the truck towed my mechanic first because the time warranty was up. It was he who diagnosed the problem and it was he who advised me to go to GM for support because he felt that this kind of failure should never happen to a well cared for vehicle with 36k miles on it. He said he'd do the entire valve job for $1100 but told me to giveGM a try.He also told me that he is seeing more and more quality issues with GM and Ford products and feels bad for his middleclass customers. So I took his advice and emailed GM. They called me and said they wouldn't promise any help but they could do nothing until I got it to a dealer - another $75 towing bill. The dealer had it for an entire week, everyday I called and got another story - didn't get to it yet - doing the diagnostics now - sent the heads out for inspection. On and on but no matter how many times I asked - could not get anyone to tell me the cause. Then, after they had the car for 11 days, the dealer called and said that since it was not abuse, GM would pay for 1/2 the valve job and my half was $805 and the car would be ready next day. That's in addition to $250 for my mechanic and towing and having my wife haul my *** to work everyday.
I picked up the truck paid the bill and got the service report. I'm a firefighter, not a mechanic, so I took the report to my mechanic. He looked over the report and the truck and told me from the parts list, the dealer replaced 2 springs and 1 valve and put in new gaskets. Basically slapped a bandaid on it and charged me for the full job. One week later, the piece of crap is missing and sputtering at every stop. This treatment by GM, besides the way I got treated on this forum, is what pissed me off more than the problems with the truck. Yeah, everybody makes lemons but good companies stand behind their products. I stood with GM for more than30 years, even when I knew their quality wasn't what it should have been because I was loyal. Apparently, GM's loyalty is just a little shy of 30 years. If not seeing a crooked dealer coming makes me stupid in your opinion - that's OK - I do tend to trust people but I do know I've been screwed now.You people don't even know you've been screwed and you keep saying how great GM is.
I'm done with this forum because of the way I've been treated here but I will continue to tell everyone who'll listen about how GM treats their very best customers - everytime someone mentions they're looking to buy a car.
And, Oh yeah, I did buy a Toyota tonight before I sat down to write this. I got a nice truck at a fair price and I know it's going to be around, trouble-free for a long time - I've checked into it. Best part is I'll be getting rid of my ****erado, my last GM vehicle - if it runs for a few more days that is.
Don't worry, friends - there are no more American electronics manufacturers left either so now we have quality products that last along time. These fools in Detroit are headed the same direction.
Adios

Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 PM

gooooooooodbyyyyyyeeeeeee

Quick Reply: Bowtie No More