Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Cab Roof Lights and Install

Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Default Cab Roof Lights and Install

Doing a couple of mods. Intake and exhaust, but I would also like to put some Roof Lights in. Its a bit intimidating to think about having to drill holes in the cab, but if some of you guys have done it can you give me some feedback on which lights you went with and how hard it was. Pics would be outstanding too. I've seen the Recon ones and its like one main one in the middle with a smaller one on each end.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 AM

A few years ago I installed the Pacer version on my '03 3/4ton. They turned out great. These were the pre-led, OEM replacement lights on a truck that did not come with cab lights. It wasn't a bad install, and once you get that first hole drilled you're over it and committed. I siliconed the holes very well and never had any leaks. Sorry I don't have any pics, sold that truck and I sure do miss it.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Default Any complications to watch out for?

Does anybody have any warnings or common mistakes to watch out for? I saw some good YouTube videos on the subject, but still feel unprepared at the moment.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Beginner
Default Beware of Cab Roof Lights Install

So disappointed!! Beware of dealership install! Denver, CO dealership did the install on our new 2003 Silverado. 10 years later…lights stopped working, roof completely rusted thru and we are dealing with $1,350 body work...no more cab lights on our '03. Fella at body shop said a quick fix from get-go is to apply thick coat of nail polish periodically!?! Probably will not do cab lights again….Just saying

Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 PM
TruckForum Addict

i know this is an old thread but i did cab lights on my truck i went with led clear lense amber lights and did the work myself the only thing i paid for was the price of the lights and the clear flowable silicone i think the lights were around 200 bucks or so cant remember the brand but they came from summit

its not hard to do i just wired them into my overhead consoule light as a power source and used the provided switch for on off

for anyone thinking of doing this take your time doing it and use silicone around the lights and on the screw heads it will leak if not my brother forgot that step and his headliner gets drentched everytime it rains
i ordered mine from summit racing website

for me i had to drop the headliner and headliner consoule visualize the lights on the top where they loooked good to me close to what would have been oem and then marked around the lights with a pencil not sharpie guees you could use earsable marker then drilled one hole for the wires to go trhu then used the provided sheet metal screws to mount lights then siliconed around them and on the top of the screws for the lights no leaks at all