Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Cam and Lifter Problem with my 2008 5.3 GMC

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lov-n-life
------------------------------------------------------------
Jennifer,
I sent you an email on the GM Website. I could never figure out how to do a PM to you from this forum. When I clicked your name the drop down menu did not give me the option to send a PM. Anyway, I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, James
James,

Thanks for letting me know you were able to email me. As soon as I see it in my system, I will respond.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Old 08-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Beginner
Default Update

Despite GM Customer Service offer to help, nothing has been done. According to the latest contact they are still playing phone tag with the dealership. Apparently the dealership is the only one that has done anything so far. They are telling me the total repair is $4900 and that they will allow me to pay only a "deductible" of $1500. I grant you that is better than $4900 but I still think GM should stand behind this. My truck has only 55,000 miles and is just barely out of the "years" warranty. I have had all service and repair work done at the dealer and have pampered the truck.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:40 PM

Despite GM Customer Service offer to help, nothing has been done. According to the latest contact they are still playing phone tag with the dealership. Apparently the dealership is the only one that has done anything so far. They are telling me the total repair is $4900 and that they will allow me to pay only a "deductible" of $1500. I grant you that is better than $4900 but I still think GM should stand behind this. My truck has only 55,000 miles and is just barely out of the "years" warranty. I have had all service and repair work done at the dealer and have pampered the truck.
Hello,

I am deeply sorry to hear this. Was a Service Request made? If so, could I have the Service Request Number? I would like to look into this for you.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Old 08-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Beginner

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
Hello,

I am deeply sorry to hear this. Was a Service Request made? If so, could I have the Service Request Number? I would like to look into this for you.

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
Jennifer,

Here is the number: Service Request Number: 71-1210920575.
You made the same offer about a week and a half ago and I've been passed around from one CS rep to the other ever since. The latest one apparently did nothing but email the dealership and ask them what they wanted to do. Each time I spoke with her she was encouraging and said she would call me back in a couple of hours. Not once did she ever call me back. I had to follow up with her every time. The dealership told me they would charge off part of the bill and charge me a "deductible" of $1500. The service writer told me the total bill was around $4900 so I thought they were being pretty helpful. I picked up the truck today and the bill was around $2200 so they only waived $700 to $800 of the bill.

I must say I'm pretty disgusted with this "help"; GM and this truck. I would not be this upset if it were different circumstances but this truck is just a few months out of the 5 year warranty with almost half the mileage warranty remaining for the drive train. The cam and lifter failure was no fault of mine. I have had the oil changed on-time every time and all other service has been done timely. And, all service has been done at GM Dealerships.

I am a life long GM customer. I can't tell you how many GM vehicles I've owned in my lifetime. My Dad retired from GM's Doraville, GA plant. We are GM people. However, that truck will be the last GM product I ever purchase. I know lots of folks with F-150's and Tundras. None have ever had the problems I have had with this truck. GM should stand behind this and make this repair at no cost to the customer.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM

Jennifer,

Here is the number: Service Request Number: 71-1210920575.
You made the same offer about a week and a half ago and I've been passed around from one CS rep to the other ever since. The latest one apparently did nothing but email the dealership and ask them what they wanted to do. Each time I spoke with her she was encouraging and said she would call me back in a couple of hours. Not once did she ever call me back. I had to follow up with her every time. The dealership told me they would charge off part of the bill and charge me a "deductible" of $1500. The service writer told me the total bill was around $4900 so I thought they were being pretty helpful. I picked up the truck today and the bill was around $2200 so they only waived $700 to $800 of the bill.

I must say I'm pretty disgusted with this "help"; GM and this truck. I would not be this upset if it were different circumstances but this truck is just a few months out of the 5 year warranty with almost half the mileage warranty remaining for the drive train. The cam and lifter failure was no fault of mine. I have had the oil changed on-time every time and all other service has been done timely. And, all service has been done at GM Dealerships.

I am a life long GM customer. I can't tell you how many GM vehicles I've owned in my lifetime. My Dad retired from GM's Doraville, GA plant. We are GM people. However, that truck will be the last GM product I ever purchase. I know lots of folks with F-150's and Tundras. None have ever had the problems I have had with this truck. GM should stand behind this and make this repair at no cost to the customer.

Lov-n-life,

Yes, I do remember that I reached out to you last week but for some reason we were not able to private message each other. I suggested that you contact me via email at socialmedia@gm.com but I never received an email from you.

I have looked over your Service Request and notified your agent that you are very unhappy. Please email at socialmedia@gm.com and in the subject line put "Attention Jennifer T." if your agent does not contact you by Thursday (tomorrow).

I understand that you are feeling frustrated and I would like to assist in any way I can.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Old 08-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Beginner
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GM Customer Service
Lov-n-life,

Yes, I do remember that I reached out to you last week but for some reason we were not able to private message each other. I suggested that you contact me via email at socialmedia@gm.com but I never received an email from you.

I have looked over your Service Request and notified your agent that you are very unhappy. Please email at socialmedia@gm.com and in the subject line put "Attention Jennifer T." if your agent does not contact you by Thursday (tomorrow).

I understand that you are feeling frustrated and I would like to assist in any way I can.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care
Jennifer:
I didn't hear from anyone today (surprise!!). No need to contact me further. I'm done.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Beginner
Default More Engine Problems

New to the forum.
2008 Silverado Crew Cab with 95,000 miles.
Engine knocking. Always used Mobil 1 synthetic changed at 6,000 mile intervals.
Truck was purchased as a GM Certified pre-owned in 2010.
I'm retired now and on a fixed income.
What can I expect to be faced with as a repair if this is indeed the cam/lifter problems that this year truck/engine is experiencing?
Has GM-Chevrolet offered any assistance for corrections?

Such a disappointment.....

Any info is appreciated.

Jcat