Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I beat a Hemi Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Default RE: Can I beat a Hemi Ram?

Looks are in the eye of the beholder, and most neutral reviewers like it. I admit, at first i didn't care or it either, but it took me a year or two to like the new ram and F250 looks also. Something that pushes the envelope usually needs time for aceptance, and now i love it except for some quirky interior designs. But power is my top priority, so it was a no brainer to get the 5.7L Tundra. As for reliability, does Toyota really need to be in question here? After all, they are the measuring stick for the rest! And no, a programmer won't get another truck, except maybe a Titan, to run along side a 5.7L Tundra. Tundra's are even putting up better times than Ford lightings, lol! There is a guy on youtube running 14.1 quarters and 13.89 corrected, yes in a new stock Tundra.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 PM

i was impressed with the yotas numbers when i read its article in 4 wheeler a while back, but since then ive heard that those engines are really unreliable, and not going to see 100,000

Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 PM
TruckForum Addict

ORIGINAL: Cracker

Look in the glove box. there is a # that looks like a VIN. The last 3 digits are your rear end ratio.
The last 6 digits of the vin are the vehicle's production number.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Come on 100,000 miles? I would be surprised if it doesn't get at least 300,000 miles! It is a Toyota, and toyota earned it's reputation over the long haul, so no worries as they will continue to stand behind their vehicles. After all, that's how they became the #1 selling manufactor today, by making top quality vehicles, not by making the cheapest vehicles!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
TruckForum Addict

I would prefer this didn't get ugly 1fast4x4. You probably should quit preaching Toyota on a Chevy board. We are all die hard enthusiasts of GM and I'm suremost of us don't intend on converting. Besides, the big 3 offer diesel powered trucks that will out perform that Tundra all day long. They may not be faster, but their not sports cars so who cares? As long as they offer long lasting, strong, diesel trucks, they're not going to bump their gas trucks up close to 400hp. It wouldn't make good business sense now would it?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:25 AM

Tundras putting up better times than Lightnings? Dude wtf you smokin, unless the Tundras got some other after market stuff going on or the peeps in SVTs cant shift for **** then I could see it otherwise the lightning eats it in the quarter by almost a second.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:07 AM

hey, im just sayin waht i heard, and be honest, toyota doesnt thave its rep in high power pickups, so this is a new direction for them, and they arent gettin it right the first time around

Old 09-03-2007, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Tweaker

Tundras putting up better times than Lightnings? Dude wtf you smokin, unless the Tundras got some other after market stuff going on or the peeps in SVTs cant shift for **** then I could see it otherwise the lightning eats it in the quarter by almost a second.
Do some research on stock times before you jump to conclusions. I always back my statements with unbiased facts that can be found easily on the net these days. So, why don't you take the time to post a link to show me different as what i've seen says otherwise. And by the way, the new 2008 lightining will also be slower from initial test results i've seen!

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 72charger

I would prefer this didn't get ugly 1fast4x4. You probably should quit preaching Toyota on a Chevy board. We are all die hard enthusiasts of GM and I'm suremost of us don't intend on converting. Besides, the big 3 offer diesel powered trucks that will out perform that Tundra all day long. They may not be faster, but their not sports cars so who cares? As long as they offer long lasting, strong, diesel trucks, they're not going to bump their gas trucks up close to 400hp. It wouldn't make good business sense now would it?
Last i seen this is a truck forum for all makes i believe? Also your the one that seems to be worried about fast trucks with a Hemi your setting your sights on! Why look to run with the middle of the pack when you obviously want a 4.8L to perform with the best, which now happens to be the Titan and now the Tundra. Those are the Big dogs sitting on the front porch!

Old 09-03-2007, 02:16 PM

Titan? Come on.....I've smoked em.A buddy of mine owned one, and it bored me to ride with him. He thought it was fast, until we took a ride in my truck.... Back to back, he could probably pull me, but he definately couldn't outrun me.

Tundra? Who know's? Sounds fast, but looks like a cross between a Ford and a Dodge...Neither of which appeal to me, JMO though!

Quick Reply: Can I beat a Hemi Ram?