Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Catback or True Dual

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Default Catback or True Dual

I have a question dealing with a Catback exhaust system or a true daul system. I have a 95 Silverado 2500 and i plan on getting a some 40 series flowmasters. Right now i can only get a catback system but debating if i wanna change to true daul. In your opinions what would you prefer. I heard from many that there isnt much difference. Right now i have a hallowed out catilic converter, 3 inch pipe and aftermarket mufler. Should i get a Y put in after the catlic converter and have two flowmasters, or just run true duals? And also does anyone have an estimate on what true dauls would cost? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Default RE: Catback or True Dual

I just got back from the exhaust shop and i decided on getting true dual exhaust. Two high flow catilic converters, two 40 series flowmasters(2.5" in and out) with 3 inch stainless steal tips. Should be done tuesday(cant wait) I was planning on getting just a catback system but i was curious and asked how much it would cost for a true daul system, and i was pleased with the price..alot lower then i thought it would be. Now thats one thing done on my to do list to my truck...

BugShield window rain deflectors
Tonnuea cover
Exhaust system
4" rancho susp. lift
3" body lift (maybe)
American racing baja or outlaw wheeles(polished)
Bigger tires(unsure of the size or brand yet)
CD changer
Nurf Bars
Other

All currently being saved up for. Im estimating around christmas time for most of the major mods.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Default RE: Catback or True Dual

I have a 5.7L Vortec in my Tahoe, can True Dual Exaust Be put on any engine or does it have to be a dual exaust engine?