Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Caution, they Shimmy/wiggle

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Default RE: Caution, they Shimmy/wiggle

i would agree that power has gone down. i could be wrong but i was in the passenegr seat of an 08 silverado with the 5.3 and it felt like the pull and acceleration of my 00 silveradom even before my tbs was much better...i cant see the weight factor being an issue either...

Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM

I got a shimmy/wiggle in the front driverside when I hit bumps.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:04 PM

I've had a 2008 since November. No problems. Runs great. Looks good with my mods. When pricing trucks back in October, GMC dealers thought they were selling a Mercedes. The big difference in price led me to my Silverado.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:39 PM

Go now, its fun. I got a salesman to go 34K on a decked out GMC Vortec MAX when I told him I was going to go look at Dodge cause they were cheaper and had more HP with the HEMI. They guy almost ****. (I would never actually do that buy the way!) But I am going to hell cause I put him thru hell for nothing. Ha ha

Old 06-05-2008, 02:57 PM

I dont have a shimmy/wiggle in my truck...just rides like s*** because of the shortbox

Old 06-05-2008, 03:57 PM

YOu know, I always thought that shimmy and wiggle were not words that were associatied with trucks. sorry. I couldn't help it.

The new Chevy's suck!!!!!!! Buy GMC. THe quality is 10 times better(bleive it or not)

GM announced the other day that they are closing down 3 truck plants and they sold 100,000 fewer trucks this may than they did last may.

by the way, the 06 GMC we have has not had a single problem with it other than a speaker going out, but the dealer fixed that and gave us abrand new G8 as a rental car

Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Chevyalltheway

The new Chevy's suck!!!!!!! Buy GMC. THe quality is 10 times better(bleive it or not)

ummm...yeah

Old 06-05-2008, 06:21 PM

I thought this was the Silverado forum!!! Check out the Sierra Forum and see how FEW are over there. Basically, aren't they the same truck?

Old 06-06-2008, 11:40 AM

Yeah they are identical, only emblems, headlights and a few options are different.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:52 PM

There are alot of GMC's out there, they just don't have to post on the forum cause dealer support for a GMC is better. period. There is more to the quality of a truck than the physical attributes.

In the last few years we have owned a 2002 Chevy Silverado, a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500, and a 2006 GMC Sierra 2500.

The Silverado was bought new and had to be completely repainted, at our expense, because we were washing out the bed with a hose and it rubbed on the outside, rubbing the clear coat and paint clear off all the way down the side of the truck. Many other problems in the year we owned it followed and dealer support wherever we took it was extremely lacking in the support and the warranty was worthless. Both GMC's have been flawless and the dealer gave us top dollar when we traded in the 03. we have worked with 5 or 6 Chevy dealers and 3 GMC dealers. All of our experiences have been resonate of that previously stated.

It seems I have drifted off track from the original intent of this thread. As far as the wiggle goes. I would say just deal with it, its part of the "fun" of owning a truck.

Quick Reply: Caution, they Shimmy/wiggle