Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Chirping Noise Coming From Engine

Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Default RE: Chirping Noise Coming From Engine

I still love to read your post Major! In fact your post are one of the only reasons I still check this form.

I've been spending allot of time with my RX7 and then when I'm not with it I touch myself wile thinking about it. By the way the RX7 is now LS6 powered.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 PM

*Wiggles finger in ear*

Did I hear that right? RX-7 is power by _________? It sounded like you said LS6, and that just clearly can't be the case.

I'm gonna need pictures.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:18 PM

That's right I did say LS6 I will post some pictures as soon a my new camera cord comes in the mail. I'm also waiting for my video camera to get here. As soon as I get them on line I'll send you some links. Its only been running for a week now and I'm already looking at superchargers. I got electric dumps put on today.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 AM

*closes zipper*

Hey, sorry.... got caught up with something.

Verily, if pictures are not forthcoming in some way, shape, or form as expeditiously as possible I will have to fly to whatever backward *** southern state you live in to hit you with the proverbial 'ugly stick'. This transplant is something I need to see.

BTW, the only way it could get better is if you'd laid your hands on an LS7. *Drool*

Old 09-10-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by bthornhill
I've posted this other places with no answer, so I figured I would try here!

I have a 1999 Silverado that has a chirping noise coming from under the hood. The chirping only starts once the engine has warmed up and gets faster with engine speed, but doesn't seem to be as fast as the belt is moving.

What I've Done So Far:
1. Replaced drive belt and tensioner
2. Replaced compressor belt and tensioner

Still have the chirping noise and can't tell where it's coming from. I've read post that it could be the water pump bearing going bad and I've also read that it could be the camshaft sync sensory bearing going bad? If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it, as I hate to pay someone to work on my truck!

did you ever figure out the problem. i took mine to the dealer to get mine serviced because i had the same noise and they told me it was a lifter.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MajorSilva
...everyone ignored my comment.

I don't seem to be as entertaining as I have been in the past.
LOLOL MajorSilva, I laughed for about 10 minutes. Went and told everyone in the house about it... and if I could've posted it to twitter, I would've.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Beginner

My 2011 Silverado Z71 has the same squeaking and chirping. Sounded just like one of the pulleys was bad. Today my truck is getting a new Cam shaft.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Beginner
Default Re: Chirping Sound

Don't know if this will help, but I just changed out a new Water Pump, Power Steering Pump, Compressor Belt and a new Serpentine for a customer and three weeks later........Chirping that increases once warmed up. I took the Serpentine off to check for the obvious but to no avail. Only thing it could be is the alternator bearings. Changed out the Alternator and now all seems to be fine.