Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

A coupla questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Beginner
Cool A coupla questions

Ok. So I've been battling an issue with my 98 GMC 5.7L for the last couple of weeks. It has been dieing in flight. All different speeds and driving conditions. It keeps throwing a code P1351. Comes back to an ignition control module issue. I replace the module and still had the same problem. After a lot of extensive trouble shooting, I found the source of the problem. Bad fuel pump. Anyone have any ideas as to why I would get a DTC for an ignition control module when my fuel pump would cut out causing the engine to die while driving?

Also, I am upgrading my stereo system. I know that the rear pillar speakers are 4x6. Is it possible to modify them to take larger speakers, and if so, how much work is involved. I would like to go to 6x9, but if I have to use 5x7 or even 6x8 I will. Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Beginner

Just found this today searching for help with my truck. I have a GMC C2500 with a 5.7 that began having trouble starting last Monday (would crank but not start, no spark). We replaced the crankshaft position sensor and the ignition control module on Tuesday, it drove perfectly all week until yesterday in the rain. Going down the road at 55 mph, it suddenly died. Same thing, won't start but it cranks. Threw a DTC p1351 again, so my husband replaced the ICM under warranty. Still won't start, so I ended up having to have it towed home.