Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Diablosport Predator Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Default Diablosport Predator Help!!!

I just gota Diablosport Predator for my 2003 Silverado (U7195). I installed the 87 octane tune successfully, and then went into the parameters area and started playing with my speed limiter. I thought I accidentally unplugged the predator too soon while doing this, so I was afraid I may have messed something up. Iwent back and tried to reinstall the stock factory tune, and I got an error message that said that the interpreter had stopped and that writing had failed. I tried one more time with the sameresults.I then tried to start my truck, but the battery was dead, with barely enough power to dimly light the headlights. DoI have a bad problem, or just a dead battery?

And I know thatit says toapplythe park brake so that the daytimerunning lights will go out, but I was tuning at dark, so I just tried tokeep theheadlights out as much as possible. Inbetweenturning the ignition on and off during tuning, the headlights were onfora short time. Could this have run my battery down due to the increased power consumption of the Predator or what? Another thing I noticed was that theheadlight control **** would not allow me to turn the headlights out, but it would still allow the parking lights to be turned on andoff. This leads me to believe there could be some sort of computer glitch. I sure hope not. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? I really appreciate any help I can get.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Default RE: Diablosport Predator Help!!!

Ok, I got that problem solved. Just a dead battery, not sure what the deal was with the other problems but it works fine now that it'sgot a charged battery.

I installed the 87 octane tune and went out and tested it. It does have a noticeable difference in power, and the fuel economy has jumped up about 2-3 mpg. I hope that the 91-93 octane performance tune is as good an improvement over the 87 as the 87 octane tune was over the stock tune.

I did notice something weird while driving, however. My truck has thedisplay screen thatshows instant fuel economy, average fuel economy, and range. The average fuel economy now moves much morequickly up and down than it used tobefore the Predator tune. It used to take a very long time to fluctuateeven one tenth of a MPG, now you can watch it move up and down as you drive. This is not a problem as long as the reading is accurate, I just find it odd that the Predator tune would change this. Does the Predator change the average MPG settings in the computer, or is this some sort of weird occurance? By the way, the instant economydisplay has no noticable differences other than the 2-3MPG improvement.

The second odd thing, which I know is wrong, is that the fuel range meter shows that I have between 600 and 700 miles to empty. This is obviously wrong, as I only had ahalf tank at thetime. It should have only read around 150 miles to empty. Has anybody else experienced this problem?