Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Does Anyone Recognize This Part?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Default Does Anyone Recognize This Part?

Hello Everyone!

Today, I closed my passenger door & my eye caught this part falling to the ground. I don't know if it came from inside or outside. My guess is outside, because it had a coating of slimy stuff on it. (Might be just wet dirt, it's rained for days & the truck has a leak- May be an inside part.)

First, I crawled all over under the truck with a flashlight looking for a hole or clue. (What the heck, I was soaked from work anyway.) Searched under the dash, too.

I tired every parts web site & all the information available to try & figure out what it is. There's no part number or other identification on it. I didn't try a dealer parts counter yet, but last time a mystery piece fell off, 2 dealers gave me the "I dunno. Get me a part number & I'll order one for you" answer. Hard to sell replacements that way!

The photo shows front & back views. Sorry for chopping off the bottom of one view. Oops! The item is rubber. The circle is a raised boss.

I sure appreciate any help any of you can give. I'm thinking it might (hopefully) be the thing that will stop the water that always gets into the cabin. (Shows up first in the wireway under the plastic strip that one's foot goes on.)

Thanks very much!
Paul

Attached Thumbnails Does Anyone Recognize This Part?-mystery-part-panorama.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 08:52 PM

door plug? or side mirror gasket?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 PM

I searched around the door edges & bottom. Couldn't find holes. I'll look again in the light of day, I may have missed something. The mirror seems complete.

Are there things needing plugging under the truck near the door? I looked for it's twin on the driver side & came up empty. But, it was (is) raining like crazy & dark enough out that I needed a flashlight, so I may have missed a clue.

Thanks for the ideas to check!
Paul