Chevy Silverado/ GMC Sierra Forum Discuss the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra here.

Flat black paint job = Hotness.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Default RE: Flat black paint job = Hotness.

I'll have to take a picture of my local stereo shop's, Sound Station and Security's, Astro. Its flat black with DARKHORSE down the side of it in a gunmetal grey. Also being the mascot car of a Stereo store, it has 18 batteries and5alternatorsjust to handle the stereo.[/align]The flat black is phat, but I wouldn't do it to a Silverado. [/align]

Old 02-06-2009, 06:52 PM

That truck just screams 'I will kick your ***!!!'

I love it!!! I'm totally confused though how you might wrap the truck in vinyl... Don't the seems show pretty bad if they're not matched up perfectly?

If you could take just a few more pictures, I'd be very grateful.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:02 PM

So, I mention the 'Rob & Big' Tahoe to my girlfriend and she says it's freakin' cool....... so CHICKS DIG IT anyway[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 PM

ahhhh... so all my "good" ideas have already been done recently, what'ya know. By the time I get some coin to do something my originality has been overshadowed, hahaha.... oh well, tv sucks.

I'm in the midst of getting my '02 Sierra into a local hot rod shop for the bbq black hot-rod treatment.

My inspiration is nothing close to the "Murdered Out" look, nor the "Euro darth vader" look, but more a throw-back to the hot rod deuce coupe days. Should be cool, and no doubt it's turning out fun already!
I've already gotten my wheels powdercoated "black magic" matte black... Have some Glassworks fenders on the way to get thrown on before the spray too.

Gonna throw on some MoonEyes and thrush stickers on it too, something like that. Also have some old 60's emblems (some from a Dodge "Sierra") and some that say just "custom" and also some neo retro ones that say hot-rod that I'm thinking of throwing on...

Also, have some blue dots for the tail-lamps, which will have two red-dots in each lamp too, one above and one below the blue(I'm going to black out the back of the blue dot to avoid the 5-0).

Was going to go as far as putting an old 59 Merc hood ornament on, but that's not going to happen now, and also some '62 Chevy "Custom" truck b-pillar trim too, but we'll see what happens after the paint job.

I'll be sure to post some photos as soon as the project gets a bit further down the line.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:44 AM

ShredSLED I know how ya feel.I was thinking about things like the spray on bed liner on the bottom 6 inches of the truck till I read it in here.Now I'm thinking about painting it 1976 Corvette Canary Yellow and using the black bed liner to paint the front 12" of the fenders and carrying it up on to the hood following the angle of the front edge of the hood to the body lines in the hood and then back to the cowl.kinda like a big T with the - part being the front end and wrapping around down the front of the fenders and the I part being the center half of the hood.Then if the truck is facing < have a 24" section from the top of the rear wheel well slanting > like / / up to the bed rails with a canary yellow bow tie in the middle of it.And the same on the opposite side slanting to the rear.That would be boss as F%#& !! With the 350 sporting 2.5" straight pipes off of a pair of long tube headers no cats or muffins just raw pipe all the way back.mmmmmmMMmmmmmm I can hear it now.Ah a man can dream can't he!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Default new to forum also watch mtv

well this caught my attention because i started a new project. going to black out my z71. trying to find other people who like the look or with ideas. almost done with it ordered black xd series rvolver rims and have ben painting ALOT of stuff black. so if anyone can help with how to search for other people intrested in this look would appreciate it. or if you are hit me up.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Beginner

Blacked out is cool, but I definitely prefer white body with black wheels and trim. This thread started several years ago and mentioned Rob and Big with Dyrdek's rig "murdered out". Well since then Rob and Big has been replaced with Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and the murdered out rig has been replaced with a white tahoe with black wheels and trim. I'm happy to say I had that look on my truck in 06, and still sport it today. That makes me a trend setter
Joking aside, everyone is talking about flat black. I would advise against that. It's been my experience that flat paint is rough to the feel and is also a dirt and dust magnet. I used to race sprint cars on the dirt and there have been cats runnin flat paint, and it don't look so good when it gets dirty. Hard to clean too. I ran satin black on my stuff. It does have a little shine, but by no means is it glossy. It's smooth to the touch, and cleans way easier. Most of the hot rod guys and custom car guys I've seen use satin. Just my two cents...